Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham
$156
$134
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$72
$109
Hampton.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$76
  • Breakfast included
$129
$110
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$89
$85
Hotels.com
$100
Travelocity
All reviewsdouble treefive pointsmedical centeruniversity of alabamaparking garagewithin walking distancerooms are cleanbreakfast buffetnext morningfront desk staffbusiness tripwould stay here againthe room was nicestaff was very friendlyuabshuttlesurgery
Reviewed April 2, 2012

It was difficult in locating a hotel. I was quoted one price and charged another, If you are going to upcharge you need to let the customer know. The room was clean but for the price needed updated, Even the television was an older model.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
medwards1978, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, front office manager with the Double tree hotel. I do apologize about the misinformation with your price because it is not a normal practice to up charge. Also, as we speak we are getting in all of our rooms new flat screen tv's. Also, I would really like to speak with you regarding your stay. I would like to connect with you about the details of the situation and maybe we can get a better understanding of the situation. I hope this doesn't discourage you from staying with us again. But, I hope to speak with you soon. Thank you

Reviewed March 12, 2012

A free shuttle from the airport was a great start for this hotel's offerings. When I checked in, the desk staff was pleasant, and handed me a local grape soda and cookies (in addition to the regular Doubletree chocolate chip cookie). My keycard/room key did not work on the first try, but a desk staff member accompanied me on my second attempt and shared (without asking) a lot of interesting things about the city and what to see and do. The room was a standard room and it was nice and quiet. I would stay here again. Thanks for the southern hospitality!

Room Tip: High floor has a good view of the city.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, front office manager with the Double tree hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed everything during your stay. I am also glad to know that our staff members offered you information about the city and things to do. Especially since we are only a couple of blocks from the 5 points district which offers numerous restaurant choices and social areas for night activities. Also, just barely 2 miles away is the civil rights district that gives information on historical events that occurred in Birmingham. I hope that you do come back and visit and I appreciate your positive feedback. Thank you.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Every staff member offered different answers to our requests, there were constant up-charge requests - all of them differed from the Doubletree website. I'll be back to Birmingham, but I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: The facility is fine, but avoid the place - the staff will make a significant impression ....
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, front office manager with the Double tree hotel. I sincerely apologize about any miscommunication that may have occurred during your stay. I would like to speak with you about the details of your stay because our goal is to ensure our guest are knowledgeable about the hotel and the city. Perhaps speaking with you will allow us the opportunity to clarify any confusions in hopes you wont be discouraged from staying with us again. I do hope to speak with you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Stayed at this property on a Sunday night for an early morning appointment at UAB Hospital. Property was clean and the staff were all very nice.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Hello,
My name is Michelle Edwards, front office manager with the Double tree in Birmingham, Al. I am so excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff exemplified great service. It is always a pleasure to hear positive feedback especially when its concerning our customer service because we take pride in giving the best customer service. I do hope you come back and visit. Thank you

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Stayed here on an overnight. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. My room had an adjoining door, and I could hear the person next door. Thank god they were relatively quiet, or else I would have had trouble sleeping! I'd ask for a room that does not adjoin another.

• Stayed: December 2011

Hello,
I am Michelle Edwards, front office manager, from the DoubleTree hotel in Birmingham, Al. I would like to thank you for staying with us and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. The beds are our signature mattress called sweet dreams and we have had many guest that love the beds. But I hope you come back and visit. Thank you