Tripadvisor
Birmingham
1,650 results
All reviews ruth's chris evening reception made to order breakfast indoor pool business trip complimentary breakfast sabrina atrium homewood alabama uab
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our two days with you were a life saver. Having a family member in the hospital is very hard but when it's a young grandson and the outcome is bad, your staff did everything to insure we were taken care of. We checked in around 6pm, got a call at 3:30am only to return back to the hotel later that next evening. Israel was working the desk the first morning and we explained to him what was going on. He relayed that information to his staff. Arriving back to the hotel after being at the hospital 17 hours we found a beautiful card that was signed by the staff along with everything we needed for a wonderful meal. I called the desk and could hardly get the words out of how appreciative I was from the tears. I didn't have to explain who I was to the lady on the other end, she knew who I was and what was going on. While I was getting settled, my husband stopped at the restaurant Ruth Chris's to have a drink. While sitting there a wonderful young lady by the name of Meghan spoke to him saying she had waited on him last night. She noticed his sad face and asked if he was ok. He explained and long story short, I knew her from our small town where we live. We both now shared similar experiences with loved ones.

My review today is this, you can stay anywhere. The employees at a hotel make or break it. This hotel has by far the best staff of any hotels I have stayed with. They showed compassion...that's what's wrong with the world, people don't care anymore....this hotel does. thank you for a clean comfortable place to stay, the breakfast was wonderful the morning we left. I can not thank this staff enough.

Our grandson did not make it....this hotel helped ease the pain...I can never repay them for their kindness

Susan Barclay

Date of stay: January 2020
bhmjp, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear HamptonMGT,
Thank you very much, for your positive review!
We thank you for your kind words in this difficult moment for you. I will share your words with our staff, knowing their actions were able to ease some of your pain, is very rewarding and at the end of the day that's what hospitality is all about. Thank you, for sharing your personal experience with us, we are very sorry for your loss and we will keep you and your family in our prayers and thoughts.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We came for a wedding and had many family members stay in the hotel. It was nice to have so many places we could gather at the hotel. The suites made it easy to have family in and out of rooms. Breakfast together was also a positive!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear 270pam,
Thank you very much, for your review!
We are very happy that you've enjoyed your stay with us while attending a wedding! We look forward to be at your service whenever you return to Birmingham.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stay here every time I am in Birmingham. I love that it has a Ruth Chris on site as they have a great Happy Hour. The location is very convenient and it's very easy to get around. If you check in via the App, you can request your own room and sign up to get a digital key-very convenient.

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Lynn D,
Thank you very much, for your review!
We are very glad that you've enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Birmingham.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

As a travel agent who travels extensively worldwide, this hotel should be recognized by Hilton for its competent staff! This is my 8th stay over the past 3 years at this property as we visit my elderly father-in-law a few times a year.
When it comes to service, this hotel can compete with any 5 star brand. The General Manager is a competent leader who instills pride in his staff. He works diligently throughout the day and sometimes night to make sure all guests are pleased.
The breakfast servers are a class act! They greet guests every morning with a smile and should be applauded for their willingness to run an efficient breakfast room where guests feel welcome! In addition, both omelette chefs create an omelette that could not be replicated anywhere!
Rooms are kept tidy and maintenance and cleaning staff work diligently throughout the day,
I recommend this hotel for its overall excellence in service as well as its close proximity to downtown , airport, shopping and restaurants!
Mary Jones
VIP Travel Service
Rochester, NY

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear maryalicerochester,
Thank you very much, for your wonderful review!
I will share your review with all of our associates so they can see how great service can impact our guests in general and you, in particular. Thank you, for the kind words.... you made our day!
Looking forward to your return!

Reviewed January 8, 2020

I was hesitant about staying at this hotel based on the reviews, however, our stay was great! The hotel, although older, was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was fabulous and the evening reception was generous with portions. The staff were friendly and helpful. I am glad we decided to stay despite the reviews.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
bhmjp, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Dear Linda T.
Thank you very much, for your positive review.
We are very glad you've enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to be at your service again, whenever your travels bring you back this way.