“Had a great one night stay at Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham
Ranked #34 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Georgia
“Had a great one night stay at Embassy Suites”
Reviewed January 25, 2009

The hotel was very nice, had a great atmosphere. Check in went very smoothly. Got to the room and was very impressed. Several of us came down for a Cheer competition and decided to stay at the Embassy. We all had very clean rooms no complaints at all. The swimming pool was very nice. The only thing my kids was upset about was that they closed the pool down for kids at around 10pm, for adult swim. The free breakfast was really good. Overall we had a great stay at the Embassy Suites i would most definately come back and stay again.

• Liked — The big suites
  • Disliked — Kids not being able to swim late
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lisa S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham, responded to this review, April 6, 2015

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Boston
Reviewed June 23, 2008

The checkin was terrible as I waited in line and the desk clerk attempted to take the attractive young lady standing behind me. She said No I will wait my turn, then the other desk clerk helped the lady and my desk clerk kept stopping my reservation to blatantly give attention to the lady. Once in my room, I called the general manager to complain and I left a message and never heard from her. Hotel promises a hot breakfast and they didn't have. Wake up call on 1 of the 3 days didn't happen. I stayed on the 8th floor and the hot water was luke warm at best. They sent up a repair guy when I was not there and i never heard the result. I filled out 2 surveys in the hotel stating the problems and never heard from anyone. I couldn't believe the poor service at an Embassy Suites hotel.

• Liked — Ruth Chris Steakhouse
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business

Tennessee
Reviewed June 22, 2008

I usually enjoy staying at an Embassy Suite, however this time my stay was only ok. My first room had a broken( hanging metal, broken glass) sliding glass door. Quickly they gave me a new room on the floor that I had originally requested, but told there was none available.
Cold food, no omelets until our last day when a full breakfast was offered. The last day the breakfast was great with lots from which to choose.
If you need the shuttle service, make sure you stand your ground on your agreed time. The first morning we were told the shuttle would be 45 minutes late. HOWEVER they paid for a cab without us having to even get really upset.
Very cold showers!
Large suites.
Lots of room if you are bringing family.
Loads of children everywhere
I'll stay at an Embassy Suite again, but probably not here in Birmingham.

Stayed June 2008

Kentucky
Reviewed June 15, 2008

This was the dirtiest Embassy Suites I've ever visited. The room floor was dirty, the common areas were dirty, the pool area was not clean, the pool bathrooms were excptionally bad, there were candy wrappers in the flower beds, and algae growing on the window above the hot tub (which was really a warm tub). The breakfast area was absolute chaos - clearly understaffed with many of the standard breakfast items missing. The front desk was staffed by only one person early in the morning causing a long queue. There were no towels in the pool area and when asked about it, a staff member left to get some but never returned.

I'm a fan of Embassy Suites, but will not be returning here.

• Disliked — The lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family

Lexington, Ky
Reviewed May 23, 2008

The hotel is still in ratty shape even after a supposed "renovation". The rooms need more updated fixtures and furniture, the beds are hard and uncomfortable. The customer service was terrible. We reserved three rooms and the reservations were wrong. We spent over an hour and a half at the front desk three different times trying to resolve this. The front desk employees' uniforms were ill-fitted and they were not at all professional in their attitude or dress. The breakfast bar was not stocked and the food was cold. We heard several people complaining about it being 10am (breakfast bar closes at 10:30am) and they hadn't replenished the eggs. They didn't offer to cook more, they said the bar would be closing soon and that was that. They ran out of clean bowls for cereal. All in all, the hotel needs better general management, a head houskeeper that has an eye for detail and cleanliness and a maintenance department that takes pride in the condition of the hotel.

• Liked — Size of rooms
  • Disliked — Cleanliness and physical condition of hotel
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I hope that you have stayed with us since.

Michigan
Reviewed April 12, 2008

We stayed here one night while passing through town. It was just average. The pool was so crowded we couldn't even enjoy it. The hot tub was not working. The room was just average. The breakfast was good. Cooked to order omelets and pancakes. But I don't think it was worth the price of $170 a nite.

• Disliked — Hard location to find. Not conveniet to stores or food
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your comments. I hope that you have stayed with us since then.

Redding, California
Reviewed March 17, 2008

The new Birmingham Embassy Suites is almost finished and we checked in today at 7:30AM.

I thought I'd just drop our luggage off and come back later but they actually said no, you can check in, and we are upgrading your family to a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, living room suite! Wow, after a discounted AAA rate and HH benefits - we are so pleased again with this hotel.

All the rooms are completed in the renovation, now for the public restrooms, the lobby, and the jacuzzi - then it's all new.

• Liked — new decor, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, great staff, and the shuttle to the fitness center and hospital, etc.
  • Disliked — no other restaurants within walking distance
  • Stayed March 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your kind comments. I hope that you have stayed with us since.

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Mountain Brook
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham Downtown Near UAB
Doubletree Hotel Birmingham
Doubletree Hotel Birmingham
#30 of 79 in Birmingham
aloft Birmingham Soho Square
Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham? Share your experiences!