“Not worth the price”

Ranked #36 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Hoover, United States
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Nice hotel. Very clean and well decorated. Staff was very unfriendly. Never treated as a guest. Made to feel as if I was bothering the breakfast staff. The desk attendant at check-in was pleasant but the attendant at check out never smiled nor made any eye contact.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

HeatherStrauss, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
I apologize for the lack of service during your departure as well as Breakfast. We strive on exceeding all guest expectations and obviously failed during your stay. I will share your comments with the departments mentioned to ensure we address the issue immediately. Thank you for the positive comments regarding your arrival experience.

Heather Strauss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Meridian
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Every thing was as E.S should be except the in room furniture was in need of a cleaning or replacement. Ruth's Chris in house is a big bonus but what really stood out was the Great shuttle bus service and i'm talking about the drivers.These guys were top shelf and I would go back just for the shuttle ride conversation.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am gald you enjoyed the Bellman/Driver service. We have a great team who are all very hospitable and knowledgeable about the Birmingham area. We are in the process of cleaning the carpet and fabric in guest suites and should be completed shortly. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing the Birmingham Embassy Suites Hotel!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Traveling through Alabama on vacation, we stopped in Birmingham for the night. At first look this Embassy Suites is a bit dated. But still very comfortable! And the staff are outstanding! From the front desk to housekeeping to the chef! First class all the way!!! Will stay here again!!

Stayed June 2014
HeatherStrauss, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you had an OUTSTANDING vacation and safe travels.

Cheers!

Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights during a trip to Samford University which is only about 5-7 minutes away. The property itself is well appointed and the atrium area is very pleasant. The managers reception was nice and the young man and gal where very nice and accommodating.

Our room's air condition was struggling so I asked to move rooms the second night. While there was no one else in line at the check in, the two folks behind the desk appeared enamored with their computers (Facebook maybe) and so I waited and waited and waited to see about changing rooms. The clerk (an assistant supervisor I believe) seemed bothered by me and my request to the point where I almost just stayed put. In the morning I was asked to go back to my room for my breakfast coupon for my omelet (asking a guest to hock 8 flights for a coupon for an omelet that may marginally cost a dime seems poorly placed and I'm sure a directive) and my Ruth Chris experience was also met with a cantor of indifference. While the facility is only a bit worn and each of my people contact points just a little bit awkward, the total experience lacked and left me wondering if I was really that big of a pain or did execution just make it seem that way.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the front of the hotel...the back backs up against a business park and trash picku...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the comments regarding the atrium and overall property. I apologize your check in experience was not the service you deserve or we normally deliver. I will share your comments with the Front Desk team and review the 5-10 rule. I am glad you enjoyed the Evening Reception and had good service from the two bartenders. We do require Breakfast coupons to ensure the service is available to our registered guests - we should have offered to assist and retrieve your coupons for you from your suite. I hope you had an enjoyable weekend and look forward to hosting you again upon your return.

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

I stayed four nights for a conference and was pleased with service. The hospitality every evening was great. Jonathan at the bar did an outstanding job taking care of us. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
HeatherStrauss, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your conference and your stay at our hotel. I will share your comments with Jonathan and appreciate you taking the time to recognize him in your review. Have a safe trip home!

Cheers,
Alabama
Reviewed June 8, 2014

While in town for four days on business I stayed here for the second year in a row. Embassy used to be so nice but this property is slowly going down hill as best as I can tell. Stains and worn places on the carpet need to be replaced. Stains on the upholstery of couches and chairs need to be cleaned/replaced. The bedroom sink had no cold water and certainly needed to be replaced as it was terribly cracked and unsanitary for sure. The bedroom remote was missing.
The staff was friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast is very nice. The happy hour is just chips and goldfish, humus or salsa. The bar was open but I chose the grenadine flavored sprite by the snacks.
The arboretum is lovely-beautiful trees, plants, and water features. We appreciated the fish food from the front desk to feed the koi in the water pools.
This hotel needs some TLC and pride to be updated to its former glory. We did not try the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse on the premises. Too expensive.

1 Thank Margaret F
HeatherStrauss, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for the kind comments regarding the staff and the overall hotel atmosphere. We are in the process of addressing the issues you mentioned regarding the suites. We recently rennovated the hallways and are currently restoring the wood furniture and deep cleaning fabric in the suites to include the carpet. These items will be completed shortly and I am confident you would see a vast improvement. Additionally, we are rennovating the elevators this week and the Lobby furniture the end of this month. I look forward to hearing your feedback upon your return! I hope you had a safe trip home.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This place has good service all the way round - the rooms are nice and clean and the fact that it has Ruth's Chris steakhouse makes it all the better!
Oh and to sweeten the deal they have made to order breakfast and complimentary drinks in the evening.
Look for Jonathan to get your drinks - the man makes a mean margarita!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. Jonathan is a true asset to our team and I am glad you were able to enjoy his hospitality during the Evening Reception . Unfortunately I have not tried one of his margaritas but will certainly look at tasting after your comments! Ruth's Chris does provide our guests with a great experience as well as convenience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Heather Strauss
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Mountain Brook
Doubletree Hotel Birmingham
Doubletree Hotel Birmingham
#30 of 79 in Birmingham
Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB
The Hotel Highland Downtown UAB
aloft Birmingham Soho Square

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham? Share your experiences!