I booked 2 rooms at the Embassy Hotel in Homewood, AL for tonight over a week ago. One room was a 2 bedroom suite the other room a 1 room suite. The one room suite gave me the option to upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite if it was available today. I drove an hour away from work today to pay for my room and was told that since there were 2 bedroom suites available and since I was eligible for an upgrade, I was upgraded from a 1 room suite to the 2 bedroom suite and the other 2 bedroom suite I had booked with the other reservation was cancelled by the front desk supervisor. I arrived at the hotel at 3:06pm which was check in time, but I was told the rooms were still dirty, so I couldn't get my hotel keys. I was fine with that, but I told the supervisor I would be back tonight. I arrive to the hotel with my kids tonight and was told by the same front desk supervisor that the room that was reserved for me was given to another guest because their room door would not unlock. So I am staring at the supervisor and asked him okay what about the other 2 bedroom suites. He looks in the computer and tells me the other suites are nasty and housekeeping had left for the day. So he gave me 3 choices, downgrade back to a 1 room suite with my kids, drive 30 more minutes away to another Embassy Suite, or since they had not charged me I could cancel. Why would an expensive hotel, that is so big, and around the holidays not make sure that their housekeepers not clean all the rooms. He stated to me they didnt get around to it. This is unacceptable for any one person to have to go through and either your hotel in this location needs to hire more housekeepers or you need to fire your front desk supervisor for not ensuring your hotel rooms were clean. I decided to take my kids and leave. No one should ever have to go through what I went through tonight. This is why I am going back to using Starwood Hotels and not Hilton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Southbridge Office complex off of the Red Mountain Expressway, the Embassy Suites is the only upscale, all-suite hotel in the Birmingham area. Complimentary Cooked-to-Order Breakfast and a Manager's Reception served daily. Three miles from UAB Campus, St. Vincent's Hospital, the Zoo, Botanical Gardens, Civil Rights Institute and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Embassy Suites