“Hotel Stay”

Ranked #30 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
birmingham, United States
“Hotel Stay”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The appearance and the cleanliness of the hotel was great, but other than that my stay was not pleasant. The check-inn process was easy, the evening reception was good, the breakfast was o.k., they didn't have any bacon. The night manager was very rude and harrassed us all night.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Lisa S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham, responded to this review, April 6, 2015
Than you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with us. We take every comment and share with our team.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

The reviews on this site about old rooms with cracking paint, peeling wallpaper, and moldy bathrooms are true. But, in the hotel's defense, it is an old property. The lobby area and atrium are nice. Very fast elevators. Friendly staff. We booked a king, got to our room and it was doubles. They immediately moved us to a new room. Due to our lateness in booking the reservation we had to get a smoking room (all that was left). The 3rd floor is really smoky. We did leave the balcony door open for about an hour and the smell greatly improved. Would I stay at this hotel again? Probably not unless I was at a wedding (like this trip) or business conference. I'll look into a newly remodeled hotel in the future.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I hope that you have stayed with us since if your travels brought you back to Birmingham.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I arrive at the hotel after a ruff drive from Atlanta. The roads were being repaired. When I arrived three hours before check in. I was made to feel like I was a someone special. They took care of my bags and helped me to my room, without ever say it is 2 1/2 hours before check in. Thanks for a special Mother's Day Weekend and the love shown. G.M. Williams

BIRMINGHAM
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The room and food was nice and what I would expect from a property such as this. What I was totally taken aback with was the highly unprofessional nature of the night manager as well as their lack of coordination or control of the scheduling of their services. Without a doubt, service gets a thumbs down.

1 Thank JOEL G

Prattville
Reviewed May 2, 2013

When traveling to Bham, Al, the Embassy Suites on Woodcrest is a must stay!!! The service and staff, coupled with amazing hospitality, will keep you coming back. It was 5 star service from the time we drove up until we left.I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Orlando
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel and the second time i have had a problem. Our new office shares the parking lot so it is convent. The first stay my AC did not work. they sent someone at 7AM to fix it and the rest of the stay was good. This past week my say was not so great. the first night they had to give me 3, yes 3 differnet rooms. the frst room had Puke in one of the sinks. i tried to wash it down but the smell took me over. I will attach a picture. The seond room does not look like it was ever cleaned. Only 1 towel in the room, hole in the carpet, no lock on door, tolet paper on the floor, and soap half used and a bar of soap still in the bath tub (not new soap at all). Not to mention the mold on the ceiling as well. So the night manager was great, she went and found the 3rd room and put me in there. at this point it is after 11 PM at night. I was told the general Manager "Heather" would be calling me the next day. No call. So the next, next day as i am checking out I asked and i was told she would call me later becasue she is busy. I even got a call from the nice person at the froint desk telling me she would call me later in the day. Well here is it a few days later and no call. I hear the hotel is getting worse from the locals. As the breakfast is good and if you want a nice breakfast, i would say this is the place to stay, but if your looking for some confort and a clean place to stay you may want to try another location. The part that makes me mad the most is that the general manager was suppsed to call me (Heather) and never did. I do want to add other managers and front desk staff are great. I hope Hilton Management reads this and sees the picutes i have taken and start sending some mystery shoppers to this location.

Room Tip: If you get the 8th floor rooms you may have better luck.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Deltauman

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has lots of potential but it is run down and the staff needs customer service training. My bathroom had mold on the ceiling and the paint was peeling too. The room add a old musty smell to it compared to other rooms. We where there with a group for a sporting event so I can say some of the other rooms were in better shape. The overall appearance of the lobby, elevators, and breakfast area looked old and outdated too. There was pizza on the floor of one of the elevators, no big deal but for it to be there for 12 hours??

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John H

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Mountain Brook
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham Downtown Near UAB
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southwest
Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham? Share your experiences!