“Excellent stay”

Ranked #34 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Thomaston, Georgia
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

As a person that stays in hotels 150 nights a year this ranks as one of the best whether for business or pleasure. Hotel is centrally located and amminities were awesome staff was helpful and friendly. Food is 5 star (free coctail hour every day). All in all 5 out of 5. I will definately be back.

Room Tip: If traveling with a partner try the board room suite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lisa S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham, responded to this review, April 6, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I hope that you have stayed with us since if your travels brought you back to Birmingham.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Freehold, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

This Embassy has many nice features. It is located right off 31 South, has a very friendly and helpful front desk, nice breakfast area in atrium, and a Ruth's Chris in the hotel. The breakfast offers many selections of hot and cold foods. I visited the indoor pool, fitness room, and business center and they were all attractive. I've stayed here many times over the past few years and I have always had a good experience, however the rooms are beginning to show their age. Upon entering my room there was a smell of cigarette smoke (in a no-smoking room). The couch was looking a bit worn and the carpet could have been fresher. The bed was comfortable, but the bathroom shower had a tile missing around the shower head. Not a deal breaker, but combined with the other factors another indication that maintenance is not first class anymore. Again, everyone on the staff, everyone was friendly and helpful. I only hope that management refreshes the property soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Than you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your experience with us. We take every comment and share with our team.

Surprise, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Finding the the hotel without GPS can be difficult for the first time visitor. I got checked in with no problems, and my room was nice and clean, just as I have come to expect from ES. The wifi here was surprisingly fast. Slow wifi is always something I've had to contend with at other properties, including other Embassy Suites. For $9.95/day I expect a very fast connection, and I got that here. The evening reception was pretty good, although they had problems keeping some of their selection in stock. The snacks were chips and pretzels. The breakfast was excellent. Even on the weekend when the hotel was overrun with families with kids, the breakfast experience was pretty good. There is a Ruth's Chris Steak House on the property. The only real knock I would have was that one of the phones in my room didn't work properly, and it wasn't fixed after I reported it to the front desk. But anytime I come to Birmingham, I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to stay away from the elevators, and stay on higher floors to lessen lobby noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Waco, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Very difficult to find hotel when coming from I-65 south. Finally, a very courteous policeman said "follow me or you'll never find it." Had to ask for housekeeping to clean room re-supply towels etc on our 2nd day. Internet connections was complicated; finally had to call HELP desk. Front desk lady, Janine, was very helpful with all requests. Breakfast was plentiful & tasty. Room was spacious & bed/mattress was ideal.

Room Tip: We chose closer to elevator, given the choice, and it was ideal.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We arrived earlier then expected from the East Coast forgetting about the time change to Central. They had a room available and got us checked right in. Smoking or non-smoking? Non-smoking I tell him, they send us to the 3rd floor room and was clearly a smoking room, ashtray on the table, etc. Went back down and same guy fixed us right up with new non smoking room. Had lunch in the Ruth Chris restaurant looking a little disheveled from out 6 hour drive but they took us right in. The Bajou Cheesesteak was awesome! Rested for a bit while hubby and son went to the indoor pool and hot tub. It's an indoor pool but not heated. So far it's been good. We'll see after we sleep. They say there is a free cooked to order breakfast starting at 7:30am. The place has been nice so far! Well that was until 5:30am when the loudest alarm went off saying stand-by a life saving device has gone off and a constant siren for over 5 solid minutes. Of course no one would answer the phone at the front desk! WTH?

• Stayed March 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Very friendly staff and a nice looking place. I was not happy with the cleanliness of the atrium area and the stairways. Room seemed clean but did ot smell very good. It was OK but would have been nice, if better maintained.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Satsuma, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We always stay at the Embassy Suites in Birmingham AL. I am terribly disappointed in our last stay. The bed was like sleeping on a brick wall. I woke up with horrible back pains whereby, I had to find a local chiropractor. I have never slept on such a horrid bed in my life! Also, the telephone in our room did not work. Breakfast was also terrible. The power went out around 6 o'clock that morning. So the staff did not have breakfast ready until 9:30. They made runny scrambled eggs and bacon only. No potatoes, oatmeal, omelets, or waffles. There was no milk for cereal and the fountain soda machine was out of order as well. The staff stood around and did not clean the tables or replenish the food (which wasn't that much). I had to ask for a table to be cleared off so I could have a seat. This hotel has gone downhill! I'm not sure if this hotel is under new management or if this is now a new (we don't care) policy. But this doesn't work for me! Being as I was asked to show my government badge, I would have thought that the service would have been a bit better, since I work for the county health department. Apparently I was incorrect. Speaking of county health department, the ice machine on the 4th floor is moldy, the bags for the ice buckets are sticky (probably from a spilled coke on the housekeeper's cart), and the breakfast eggs were held at the wrong temperature (barely warm). I was not there to do an inspection on this hotel, which was a really good thing for them! Save your money. If you plan on staying here, factor in a Chiropractic bill and time off from work due to food poisoning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good mattress instead of the brick beds.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jessica C

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Mountain Brook
Doubletree Hotel Birmingham
Doubletree Hotel Birmingham
#31 of 79 in Birmingham
Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB
The Hotel Highland Downtown UAB
aloft Birmingham Soho Square

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham? Share your experiences!