We always stay at the Embassy Suites in Birmingham AL. I am terribly disappointed in our last stay. The bed was like sleeping on a brick wall. I woke up with horrible back pains whereby, I had to find a local chiropractor. I have never slept on such a horrid bed in my life! Also, the telephone in our room did not work. Breakfast was also terrible. The power went out around 6 o'clock that morning. So the staff did not have breakfast ready until 9:30. They made runny scrambled eggs and bacon only. No potatoes, oatmeal, omelets, or waffles. There was no milk for cereal and the fountain soda machine was out of order as well. The staff stood around and did not clean the tables or replenish the food (which wasn't that much). I had to ask for a table to be cleared off so I could have a seat. This hotel has gone downhill! I'm not sure if this hotel is under new management or if this is now a new (we don't care) policy. But this doesn't work for me! Being as I was asked to show my government badge, I would have thought that the service would have been a bit better, since I work for the county health department. Apparently I was incorrect. Speaking of county health department, the ice machine on the 4th floor is moldy, the bags for the ice buckets are sticky (probably from a spilled coke on the housekeeper's cart), and the breakfast eggs were held at the wrong temperature (barely warm). I was not there to do an inspection on this hotel, which was a really good thing for them! Save your money. If you plan on staying here, factor in a Chiropractic bill and time off from work due to food poisoning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Southbridge Office complex off of the Red Mountain Expressway, the Embassy Suites is the only upscale, all-suite hotel in the Birmingham area. Complimentary Cooked-to-Order Breakfast and a Manager's Reception served daily. Three miles from UAB Campus, St. Vincent's Hospital, the Zoo, Botanical Gardens, Civil Rights Institute and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Birmingham Embassy Suites