“Great Service!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham
Ranked #38 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Haven't stayed at this property actually, but had arranged for a local client meeting today and needed WiFi access for someone who wasn't staying there. The person I spoke with on the phone was extremely friendly and helpful despite the fact I wasn't a guest at the hotel. Such a good interaction, I felt obligated to share the positive experience!

2  Thank WalGreene
Lisa S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take all comments and share with the team.

Front Office Manger

Write a ReviewReviews (1,208)

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Front office staff were courteous and quick. The room was recently renovated and looked great all the drawers worked and the flat panel televisions were very nice.

It also doesn't hurt to have Ruth's Chris as a dinner option in the lobby, dinner the first night was great and the bar was very comfortable for a nightcap on the second night.

Centrally located for access to anything of importance in Birmingham

Room Tip: All rooms are great as the living suite is to the center of the hotel and the bedrooms are on the ex...
1  Thank Drew L

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Concenientlly located to my office in Homewood. Great staff always very friendly and willing to help. Love the breakfast and cocktails at night.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Josh W

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I booked this hotel for a nice place to stay on a return trip from the beach. We had had rainy weather in Florida, and my young daughters were so looking forward to swimming in the indoor pool. We booked a 2 bedroom suite. As we walked by the pool on our way to the room the pool appeared over-crowded and the water seemed murky. Shortly after, my daughers and I went to the pool in hopes that the crowd had thinned out somewhat. Well, no one was in the pool and a note on the door said the pool was closed for servicing. I called the front desk and was told that the maintenane man had to go to Lowe's to get shock for the pool in order to treat it. I was surprised to find out that there was not a pool maintenance service on call for matters such as this. Anyway, the pool did not re-open that evening. My daughters were very upset as they had been promised a great indoor pool to play in. Later, while in the room, I noticed that the side of the toilet was not cleaned properly, and when I went to lock the door, I found that the screws that secure the safety latch for the door were basically falling out of the door. This hotel is poorly kept, and evidently does not understand how to maintain a pool. I have spent much less money for a hotel and had a much better place to stay. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Conveniently located. Suites are relatively large and well laid out. Nice touch was manager's reception in the afternoon with cocktails and snacks. Breakfast included made to order omelettes. All in all, we would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Otto W

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Clean, safe, friendly, excellent breakfast, no complaints whatsoever. If I had come in late and the room service from the steak house was closed, there were numbers for delivery services. I like Hilton hotels and Embassies are always good.

Room Tip: I just avoid the West because of the big windows.
2  Thank Mary P

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I had stayed here a few months ago and after receiving a nice note from the manager I thought I would try again.
When I arrived in the room the Hotel did not have the HHonors Snacks in the room like they were supposed to be. The water was not in the room and I was asked by the front desk attendant to get the water from the "pantry." There were cigarette burns in the couch and I had to call for anashtray. There was some slime thing on the ice bucket lid, the ice machine on my floor was inoperative.
I went to work on my PC and finally went to lie down around 11 PM. As soon as I did, I knew there was a problem, the mattress was completely worn out to the point where I was sleeping on a sunken angle. After 30 minutes of trying to find a position that would work, I gave up and slept on the couch.
I did my part, gave it a second try and it was a complete disaster.
(I will add, in thirty years of travel, I have never, ever had to ditch the bed for a bad mattress. This is certainly my first "mattress comment" on Trip Advisor.)

Room Tip: I can't tell you how to get a decent room at this hotel....
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business