“Don't waste your money!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham
Ranked #34 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I booked this hotel for a nice place to stay on a return trip from the beach. We had had rainy weather in Florida, and my young daughters were so looking forward to swimming in the indoor pool. We booked a 2 bedroom suite. As we walked by the pool on our way to the room the pool appeared over-crowded and the water seemed murky. Shortly after, my daughers and I went to the pool in hopes that the crowd had thinned out somewhat. Well, no one was in the pool and a note on the door said the pool was closed for servicing. I called the front desk and was told that the maintenane man had to go to Lowe's to get shock for the pool in order to treat it. I was surprised to find out that there was not a pool maintenance service on call for matters such as this. Anyway, the pool did not re-open that evening. My daughters were very upset as they had been promised a great indoor pool to play in. Later, while in the room, I noticed that the side of the toilet was not cleaned properly, and when I went to lock the door, I found that the screws that secure the safety latch for the door were basically falling out of the door. This hotel is poorly kept, and evidently does not understand how to maintain a pool. I have spent much less money for a hotel and had a much better place to stay. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lisa S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham, responded to this review, April 6, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take all comments and share with the team.

Front Office Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
San Antonio
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Conveniently located. Suites are relatively large and well laid out. Nice touch was manager's reception in the afternoon with cocktails and snacks. Breakfast included made to order omelettes. All in all, we would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Otto W

Florence, Alabama
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Clean, safe, friendly, excellent breakfast, no complaints whatsoever. If I had come in late and the room service from the steak house was closed, there were numbers for delivery services. I like Hilton hotels and Embassies are always good.

Room Tip: I just avoid the West because of the big windows.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mary P

Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I had stayed here a few months ago and after receiving a nice note from the manager I thought I would try again.
When I arrived in the room the Hotel did not have the HHonors Snacks in the room like they were supposed to be. The water was not in the room and I was asked by the front desk attendant to get the water from the "pantry." There were cigarette burns in the couch and I had to call for anashtray. There was some slime thing on the ice bucket lid, the ice machine on my floor was inoperative.
I went to work on my PC and finally went to lie down around 11 PM. As soon as I did, I knew there was a problem, the mattress was completely worn out to the point where I was sleeping on a sunken angle. After 30 minutes of trying to find a position that would work, I gave up and slept on the couch.
I did my part, gave it a second try and it was a complete disaster.
(I will add, in thirty years of travel, I have never, ever had to ditch the bed for a bad mattress. This is certainly my first "mattress comment" on Trip Advisor.)

Room Tip: I can't tell you how to get a decent room at this hotel....
2 Thank Robert H

Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I always stayed at the Hilton in Perimeter Park, buti wanted to give a second chance to the Embassy Suites, my first stayed few years ago was not pleasant. This time was the same, outdated furniture, even they put me at the highest floor, the eight floor. I founded two dead roaches on the bathroom floor. Will go back to the Hilton next time!

Room Tip: Away from the highway sound.

Baltimore, MD, USA
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Arrived late on a business trip. The restaurant closes promptly at 11pm and there is no late-night room service or sundry store.

Check-in was efficient and I was up to my large room in 10 minutes. My room was an executive suite and featured a large living area and dining room, as well as a separate bedroom with en suite bath. Everything was comfortable and well laid-out. Decor was a bit dated, but nothing offensive. Bathroom was clean and the bed was good enough. Two televisions we provided.

The complementary breakfast was very good, though I didn't see any fruit available. Eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy were good.

Overall cost was very reasonable, location was good and the lobby/restaurant area was very nice.

1 Thank BobinBaltimore

Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My son and I stayed here for a few nights in early April. He was having a procedure done at UAB Hospital and this hotel is very close to there. The excellent customer service started the moment I arrived at the airport. I called for the hotel shuttle and within 10 minutes the driver showed up. He was very pleasant and informative about the area. I booked the 2BR/2BA suite and it was really nice having my own space and my son having his. The beds are so comfortable and the suite was clean. I booked the shuttle for the next day to take us to UAB Kirklin Clinic for the procedure and was told to call when we were ready to be picked up. I called 10 minutes before we were ready to leave not sure if my son was going to have to wait at the front door, in pain, and very groggy, but to my surprise the Shuttle driver was already there when we walked out the door. We had a different driver this time and he was so sweet. Everyone at the hotel was so nice and pleasant and went out of their way to make us feel wanted. When we got back to the room, my son slept for a few hours and then we headed to Ruth Chris for dinner. We also received the same awesome service and had a great meal. I would not hesitate to stay here again when I am in Birmingham. I would be remiss if I didn't mention to tip the Shuttle Drivers, they take their job seriously and are timely, pleasant and seem to love what they do. Can you imagine my surprise when I got home and a few weeks later recieved a Thank You card from one of drivers for the tip I gave him and trust me, it wasn't that big, but was a beautiful gesture on his part. Keep it up Embassy Suites Birmingham, you know how to train your people right.

Room Tip: The 2BR/2BA suite is not that expensive. Book it if you need 2 rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KeeneFamilyTravel

Front Office Manger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Mountain Brook
Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham-Hoover
Doubletree Hotel Birmingham
Doubletree Hotel Birmingham
#30 of 79 in Birmingham
Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham Downtown Near UAB
aloft Birmingham Soho Square
Residence Inn Birmingham Downtown at UAB

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham? Share your experiences!