“Very nice place to stay near downtown Birmingham”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham
Ranked #33 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Embassy Suites properties are my favorite places to stay. Love the room setups with separate living rooms, free (and top notch) breakfasts and cocktails at Manager's receptions. This chain also does a good job preparing employees to interact with guests. All of these benefits appy to the Embassy Suites Birmingham. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were up to Embassy Suites standards, which are very good. Very accessible to downtown Birmingham and especially UAB via US-31. I would stay here again and highly recommend. Parking was a challenge probably since there is a Ruth's Chris on site. But, Mike the valet helped us out and was very helpful with directions and city guidance.

Room Tip: Travelling with 21 year old daughter. Room 207 had 2 bedrooms, plus very nice conference table.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Lisa S, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I hope that you have stayed with us since.

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed September 11, 2011

I was in Birmingham on business for 2-days and stayed at this Embassy suites. The receptionist was very. I was promised a welcome basket that I never received but that's ok. I'm sure if I had said something they would have taken care of it. Unfortunately, the area was dealing with the remnants from a storm that left many locals without power and they were staying at the hotel so the staff was pretty busy.
The room was clean upon arrival and I had to request service when I returned after 5 on the next day, but I really think it was due to them having unplanned guests. I think a chair in the bedroom would have been nice to help enjoy the balcony and I dragged one out of the living room area.
The bed was comfortable. Room service was prompt but average.
The hotel is in a location that affords you access to restaurants within 0-5 mile radius. You can also order delivery from nearby pizza places. Ruth Chris is located off from the hotel's lobby area and as always is overpriced. Lots of parking available.
Overall, if I have to visit Birmingham again and my business is nearby, I would stay here. The nightly rate was reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 10, 2011

I had made my reservation over the phone about 2.5 hours before arrival. Checking in was not easy. If I wouldn't have had my confirmation number with me, I wouldn't have had a room....since they couldn't spell 'Williams' correctly and she couldn't find me. There was mold in the shower, the toilet seat was broken, and the sink was not very clean. The king bed was nice, but we had to make up the hideaway bed for our son. (reservations were for 3 people in a king room, where do they think a 3 yr old was gonna sleep?) When we called to ask for a top sheet and a few extra pillows so he wouldn't roll out of bed, it took them 30 minutes to bring them up....no pillows, just 3 sheets. He was practically asleep by then. Then two different people from the hotel staff rang our room and asked if we got everything....hence waking our son up again, twice.

Breakfast in the morning was subpar. The only thing hot was the omelet made to order. The eggs, waffles, meat, potatoes....all cold! When we checked out and told the front desk person about all of it, all she could offer us was Starbucks coupons....we don't drink Starbucks. All in all...Very dissapointed. Should've stayed at the Drury Inn for $10 less...I probably wouldve at least got a warm breakfast there! This one is not worthy of the Hilton name

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Clean rooms and friendly staff - we stayed with 3 small children and they loved the open air
breakfast area with a pool of exotic fish. Breakfast buffet and nightly manager's reception were outstanding. This hotel can cater to all kinds of travelers - great facilities for business conferences too. We were in town to visit family and we will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I had to go to Birmingham for a family friend's wedding and I shared a suite with my in-laws. The suite was extremely large and a very good deal for the money. The hotel was the best you can expect for an Embassy Suite hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed in a suite for 3 nights with our two small children this past weekend and we were impressed with the hotel. The rooms could use some new carpet and the doors slam very loudly but they were large and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. We did have a problem with the first room we were issued but the front desk was polite and fixed the problem immediately. All the staff was friendly and made us feel welcome. Highly recommend ordering room service. Very yummy!

• Stayed: June 2011

Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stopped here on our road trip to Florida. Very clean, great room for all of us (2 adults, 3 small kids)....Only downside to this Embassy Suites (and most of this chain) is the mob scene at breakfast. There was a soccer tournament nearby and it seemed like the entire tournament field of 8-15 year olds were at breakfast. The staff was patient and professional but you almost had to throw elbows to get a glass of orange juice! Seems to be the case at most "free breakfast" hotels...

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I hope that you have stayed with us since.

Cheers,