“A very good place to stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of America's Best Inn Birmingham, Airport

America's Best Inn Birmingham, Airport
Ranked #68 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
“A very good place to stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2009

Good location, Near air port, Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms And Econimaeal.
I would Deffinetly Stay At this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank americana26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2005

I stayed at the Airport Days Inn on January 3rd, 2005. Unfortunately I had not read the reviews on this website prior to checking in. The entire property has fallen into neglect and should be avoided. I encountered many of the same problems previously documented. My room did have hot water (at least warm) and the television did work. The blow dryer and clock radio didn't work. Wallpaper was starting to peel at the seams in many places. The list goes on, but I think you get the drift. Avoid this place. I paid $67/night, tax included. The hotel did shuttle me to the airport for free. This Days Inn is a franchise and not owned by the parent corporation, hence the overall poor condition of the property.

If you need to stay close to the airport select the Holiday Inn across the street or the new Sheraton Five Points currently in the final stages of construction. The new Sheraton is about a mile closer to the airport on the road leading to the terminal.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mobile, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2004

I stayed at the Days Inn Airport location on October 29, 2004 and had identical problems as the guest from Prattville, Alabama experienced. No telephone service, no hot water, mold surrounded the entire air condition unit, the carpet was fility, dingy walls, the pool apparently was in the process of being drained and someone stopped mid-way and the water had been in there for at least a month. It was completely black. They need to condemn the entire place and start fresh. What I don't understand is how Days Inn Corporate allow such deployable places to carry their name and logo.

4 Thank 69gloriak
Prattville, Alabama USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2004

Horrible hotel. Avoid this place. Pay the few extra dollars and stay at the Holiday Inn across the street. I stayed at the Days Inn Airport 09/23/2004, and will never stay there again. First of all, the phones did not work, so I could not get my 4am wake up call. I was told to set the alarm clock, which did not work. Then after I did get up at 4am, I went to take a shower and the hotel had no hot water. I was not advised the hotel had no hot water and asked for an adjustment on my bill. I was livid I was not advised about the hotel having no hot water, and even wondered why the hotel was open since there was no hot water. The bedspread on the bed was filthy, and the threshhold to the bathroom appeared not to have ever been cleared. The carpet was so dingy I dared not walk on the carpet in my bare feet. The air conditioner had no control knobs, so I had to use a wrench to adjust the knobs. I have complained to Days Inn corporate headquarters about how horrible this place is. If you stay at this Days Inn, good luck.

7 Thank pcbdoug
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Holiday Inn Birmingham Airport
Comfort Inn Birmingham - Irondale
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#46 of 79 in Birmingham
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Leeds, AL

Been to America's Best Inn Birmingham, Airport? Share your experiences!