Tripadvisor
Birmingham

“Straight fire. They have”
Review of Nori Thai

Nori Thai
Order Online
Ranked #57 of 1,049 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Nori Thai and Sushi serves up hand-crafted sushi rolls and Thai favorites in Birmingham, AL!
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Straight fire. They have the best crab Angels and the yum yum sauce that comes with the crab angels is to die for. I ordered a side of the sauce to go with my sushi just because I liked it so much. Ordered the spicy tuna roll with the fried kale penis. All the rolls are big and good.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (70)

Reviewed July 11, 2019

We ordered takeout, so can't tell you anything about the table service. I can say that our order was tasty, ready at the time promised, and ample portions. May have been taking a chance ordering sushi on a Sunday evening, but no problem! We would return.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 7, 2019 via mobile

My office likes to eat here a couple of times a month. The Sushi is very good, and good portions. The Thai noodle dishes are very good as well. Like eating here very much

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

I had had Thai food in Black Mountain- spicy catfish. Every 2 seconds, my son asked me if I was alright. Tears were streaming down my face.

Today was different. Everything was very good, and not too spicy! Dad and I both had pad thai, his with salad- he said the dressing was delicious and mine with yummy coconut soup. My wife, who doesn't like any spice got vegetable pad see ew. She loved it!

We will definitely add this place to the rotation!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

I heard about this little gem of a restaurant from my hairdresser (thanks Devon!) and had to try it out for dinner. It was a Wednesday around 6PM when I arrived and was expecting to find it crowded, but luckily it was not full. Busy, yes, but the staff are fast and friendly. They all greet you when you walk in, and the food comes out very quickly and at the perfect eating temperature-hot, not scalding.
I was introduced to Thai food late in the game but my favorite dish is the cashew nut with chicken. The place I used to frequent in another city was run by Thai nationals and I had grown accustomed to a certain level of heat with this dish. There is a local place I dine at now that is good but doesn’t have the same heat (if any at all) so when I saw this dish at Nori was labeled as spicy, I was intrigued. And does it deliver! This was the same level of heat I had been missing from before- the kind just on the low end of hot to give you a warm glow but enough to send you into a coughing fit and reaching for your drink should the spice unfortunately land on the back of your throat.
This was delicious! The chicken was tender and veggies tender-crisp, and they give you plenty of rice (good for soaking up some of that awesome spicy sauce). The dish was filling enough that I had a bit of room to try dessert- the cheesecake tempura. Definitely worth the indulgence. Crispy on the outside and creamy inside with a strawberry and chocolate drizzle for twang. I’m glad I skipped appetizers (I was more than full by the end) but the few I saw delivered to other tables looked appealing.

Overall, a fantastic place to eat. The place is small, with upwards of a dozen tables, but the staff are extremely accommodating, letting you know how to customize a dish if there’s something you don’t eat or like, as well as keeping your glass full when you need a refill.
Fantastic food and service! Will definitely return! I have been Nori-fied! (Their slogan, btw)

Date of visit: April 2019