“Rehearsal Dinner was enjoyed by everyone!”
Review of Cafe Dupont

Cafe Dupont
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Dupont is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 954 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Lookout Mountain, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rehearsal Dinner was enjoyed by everyone!”
Reviewed December 20, 2010

In planning for our son and bride-to-be's rehearsal dinner we interviewed and dined in several different restaurants. We are out-of-town parents and wanted to make sure that we had just what we wanted not only with great food, but also with great ambiance and personality. Cafe Dupont delivered. Planning was made easy with Janice who answered many questions in person and through e-mails. We arrived the afternoon of the special event on Dec. 17th and delivered personal items that I wanted used for the dinner... and Janice and the staff set everything up. All the hosts and guests had to do was to enter a candlelight filled restaurant and begin enjoying the evening. The selected menu (and it was very hard to choose what to include since everything we had previously tried was delicious) was greatly enjoyed by all. It was fun to hear what each guest had selected and then to hear them rave about the food. The service staff was very knowledgeable and personable and carried out their duties with just the right amount of speed. Chris Dupont has created a wonderful restaurant that delivers a outstandingly creative menu. We had a GREAT time! Make it a point to visit Cafe Dupont whether you are a local or out-of-town guest...

1 Thank SRKent_10

Birmingham, Alabama
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Cafe Dupont is my favorite restaurant in Birmingham. The ambiance is very romantic yet still appropriate for get-together's or business. Everything I have ever ordered has been delicious. My favorite entrée is the salmon but you can't go to Dupont without ordering the fried green tomatoes and crab claws appetizer. The service has always been excellent from everyone, including the valet guys! DEFINITELY recommend!

Houston, Texas
“Excellent dinner!”
Reviewed October 23, 2009

Lovely food. Pleasant vintage atmosphere. A wonderful upscale experience. Staff was pleasant with good service. Even the valet guys were great! I was happy to support a local chef using local ingredients.

Coming from the bustle of downtown Chicago, I hope the central Birmingham area continues to revive.

Birmingham, AL
“THE best food in Birmingham.”
Reviewed June 26, 2009

Cafe Dupont is the best restaurant in Birmingham because it's food is always incredible. I've been there at least 10 times and I've never not been very impressed. It doesn't have the atmosphere of Little Savannah, but it's food blows Lil' Savannah out of the water. If you ask me, the food is what a restaurant is all about. I've also had my rehearsal dinner there. They did a great job. It's nestled into downtown - a place people don't rush to at night. But with valet it's plenty safe, and worth it - always worth it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“owner has the worst attitude I have seen in the restaurant business, very ungrateful for his customers.”
Reviewed June 2, 2009