“Very impressed!”
Review of Cafe Dupont

Cafe Dupont
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Dupont is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 964 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I visited Cafe Dupont for dinner in October and both were extremely impressed. We started with the fried oysters and okra and enjoyed however I would get something else next time. For entrees, I had the rabbit while she enjoyed the quail. I had some of hers as well and thoroughly enjoyed both dishes. Very tender and flavorful. The only aspect of the entrees neither of us cared for was the sausage that came in the quail entree. We each got a desert and they impressed as well. Overall, we loved this place and will go back. It was great for a date night and would be great with a large group. In the last 6 months, we've dined at Hot n Hot and Highland and both agreed that we enjoyed the overall experience at Cafe Dupont better, which is not something either of us expected.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Dupont

Reviewed November 11, 2013

What a delightful find in downtown Birmingham: A menu list to satisfy the most sophisticated foodie with an eclectic menu specializing in American cuisine with regional flavors, extensive wine list, intimate ambiance. For those who prefer strong spirits, the bar offers a fab selection of Scotches. And if all that isn't enough, this is the place for GF folks to enjoy a gourmet experience. The wait staff and chef were attentive to the GF member of our party and prepared a delectable entree just for him. Plan on a long, leisurely meal, with entrees averaging $30-40.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We arrived for lunch during the week and the restaurant was crisp and the service 5 star. We ordered the vege entree which was prepared perfectly. The fried green tomatoes were still hot to the taste. The chicken breast was delicious and flavored exceptionally well. The staff is friendly and attentive. Would like to try an evening experience.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Chris DuPont is the best chef in Birmingham. That's saying a lot.

I'd stack him against Stitt or Hastings any day of the week.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I met my sister here for lunch after hearing rave reviews. We ordered fried oysters and okra for our appetizer and both were good and tasted fresh. I ordered the quail and my sister had the braised beef short rib. The quail was fried in a light crunchy well seasoned batter. Her beef was fork tender and flavorful. The beef were served with Pommes Frittes (French fries) which was a somewhat odd combination so minus those everything else was great. We will definitely come again and try the chicken breast which we hear is one of the most popular dishes and I saw several people ordering. Good food, nice atmosphere.