“Awesome BBQ”
Review of The Georgia Pit - CLOSED

The Georgia Pit
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Georgia Pit has some excellent BBQ. I grabbed a couple of sandwiches one day on the way to the lake and my son and I really enjoyed the great BBQ pork. Slow cooked and the sauce was awesome. We will be back for more.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The BBQ is great and the truck is located right by my office. The spicy BBQ definitely has a kick, but is well worth the burn! Great for family's to go or just a quick grab.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stopped for gas at Cowboy's Gas station and happened to see a BBQ place in a trailer next door and decided to try it. It was BBQ heaven and no doubt the best BBQ I have ever had and I eat BBQ all over the country.. Well worth a trip. It is take out only.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Everytime I've stopped at the Cowboy station I say "I need to try the BBQ" since the smell is heavenly. Finally had a chance and I'm happy to report that the Georgia Pit Tater is terrific! You are offered a choice of original (what I selected) or spicy sauce with your generous serving of shredded pork BBQ on a tater that at least weighs in at 1+ pound. Be forwarded that the Pit is only open 'til 6PM or when the BBQ runs out. I suspect the Pit runs out well before 6PM most nights. Don't be put off by the location. This is worth the stop for amazing take-out.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

This restaurant is a portable smoker on the apron of Cowboys Service station. It has been there over a year. t is open 7 days a week and is there permanently. They use pecan wood to smoke. For $6 you can get a pork sandwich that is more than enough for one person. Don't expect any fancy sides, but simply the best smoked pork you can find anywhere. The only real problem is that once you eat here you won't want to go to any of the name places in town-they just can't measure up