“Wonderful experience!”

Ranked #7 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Hayden, United States
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

This hotel was the very best anyone could ask for. No complaints and such a pleasant stay! The staff were excellent, as well. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone for a very enjoyable night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Excellent hotel nestled away from the hustle of the city. Very clean and friendly staff. The property very quiet. The breakfast bar was well stocked and the food was very tasty. The service at breakfast we very fast and attentive. I was surprised to find such a great hotel hidden behind the office park and trees. While there is not much around with in a mile or so, you are not far from any where in Birmingham.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Ocean Springs, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Over all I had a wonderful stay. I was traveling with my 1 year old twins by myself, so I was a little worried. Check in was fast and I was allowed to leave my car at the entrance while unloading and making trips back and forth to my room with the twins. When I arrived back at night the parking lot was VERY WELL lit and all parking spaces were convenient to the entrance. I felt very safe even while unloading the twins into the wagon I brought to help with toting them and our luggage! The only minor problem I encountered was a selfish one. I had not eaten all day and I arrived back at 9:15-not realizing Room Service stopped at 9:00. She suggested I go downstairs to the snack shop, but I couldn't because of the kids, so I went to bed hungry. Next time I will bring snacks in case I get in later than 9:00 again. I will definitely stay here again and again though. Thanks for making my solo trip with my 1 year olds a much easier one that expected!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We had our 40th High School reunion here. It was a great place. The breakfast staff worked really hard to overcome some challenges our first day. Everyone we met who worked there was very helpful. We had a great turn out. It's a beautiful hotel and the staff is excellent. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Slightly away from downtown Birmingham, in Liberty Park area, Hilton Garden Inn is a decent Business Hotel. Situated on a hillock the hotel has grand views to offer. The nearby roads are well landscaped and one can walk across the road to the Liberty Statue and The Boy Scouts of America Center. Don't miss a walk here in the mornings.

Rooms: It is a moderately big hotel, with neat and clean rooms. Rooms are not very big, but spacious with all basic amenities like coffee maker, etc. Wi Fi is free all 24 hours. The King sized beds are very comfortable.

Breakfast is served in the lobby area. There is a fair variety of choices like good quality fruits and breads. Coffee and Tea are available in the lobby round the clock. But there is no restaurant in the hotel for lunch or dinner. And no restaurant is available in the vicinity also. One has to prepare for that.

The staff is very cordial and as usual, after the lobby, it is self service only. Parking space is plenty/

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front are better
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hernando, Mississippi
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We were in town for a wedding at the Botanical Gardens, and this hotel was perfect for the occasion. This hotel has a great location. Close to the Summit, restaurants, and, of course, the gardens, yet it was tucked away in a quiet, peaceful setting. Everything about the hotel - the lobby, rooms, gym - was neat and clean. The room was a good size with a clean bathroom and a comfortable bed and linens. The staff was very nice and helpful. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MeganHernando_MS
Louisiana
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We have stayed in this location several times. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet is very good (especially the cheese grits). And the breakfast crew is top notch! The hotel is in a nice area, close to The Summit, which is a nice for shopping with some great restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple