“Item Stolen from Room”

Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park
Ranked #6 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton for a weekend in March. While there, I had a dress taken from my room. I reported it to the front desk immediately and was told they would check with the cleaning staff. The next morning, I was informed that they hadn’t heard from the cleaning staff and would let me know when they did. I filled out a report and left Sunday with the understanding that the assistant general manager would contact me about the incident. In the weeks since, I’ve been attempting to contact the assistant manager as well as Hilton’s corporate office to no avail. I was told my room would be comped, but it hasn’t been. I’m incredibly frustrated and disturbed by the fact that an item can go missing from a room without the complaint being taken seriously. What’s more frustrating is the fact that I’m having to hound the hotel staff to even speak with me. I’m incredibly disappointed and frustrated with this entire experience and would like it resolved, which has proven to be nearly impossible.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Christie R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

I am so sorry that we were unable to locate the item for you. I have reversed the charges for your room. Please call or email me so I can find out why you have not received your refund. Again, I am very sorry for the loss. My email is Christie.rickert@hilton.com or I can be contacted at 205-503-5220

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Well, after writing a comment in November 2013, I thought things would have improved -- not so much.

Got the same room as in November -- Room 322 --- a king suite .... room very large - fridge worked wonderful, but the bed is still very old ... would have thought they would have replaced it by now .... and the televisions quite small for the size of the rooms...

And the shower stall, still VERY SLIPPERY .... and the shower nozzle wouldn't stay on the holder ... I told them about that and they replaced the whole shower head (which was fine). .. it was the holder that needed replacing ... oh well....

I stay at other HGI's and they don't even have the adjustable beds anymore 'cause that seems old-fashioned.

Breakfast was great....being a Hilton Honors Diamond Member, it is complimentary, but even if you have to pay, it is a bargain for all the different varieties that are offered -- fabulous omelets and french toast. Love their coffee too!!

So relaxing looking out the windows and seeing all the beautiful trees.

Hotel was very crowded but never heard anything in the hallways, which is a great sign of very soundproof rooms!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I would love to talk to you about your concerns. My email address is Christie.rickert@hilton.com or you can contact me at 205-503-5220

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Anytime we are in the Birmingham vicinity the only place we consider staying is the Hilton Garden Inn at Urban Center. Every single person involved with the hotel is friendly, outgoing, and helpful. The accommodations are always neat and clean. There are never any surprises.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your kind compliments! It means a lot to us to know that we are making a difference in a guests stay! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

As most of the Hilton brand, this Hilton Garden Inn was no exception to the very good service they tend to deliver. We were visiting the Barber Museum on Saturday so we stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn Friday night. Arrived in time for dinner: very good. Slept well, and enjoyed a hot breakfast (good selection). We'll visit the museum and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Christie R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay! Also, remember that on your next visit we have a Barbers package that can be customized so it includes tickets to the museum. See you on your return.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Was in Birmingham for work, and couldn't be happier with my stay. Very clean and lovely room. The staff was very kind and helpful with everything from checkin, to help during breakfast. Since I was working I didn't get to try the gym, bar, etc as most of my work was outside of the hotel, but it was lovely to return to. Will stay again the next time I am in town.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel was very close to Birmingham airport. My husband and I had a long day of traveling which resulted in a cancelled flight. We were rerouted to Birmingham and drove from there to Memphis the follow day. The staff could not have been more accommodating to us and it was such a relief after such a stressful day. We had a great night sleep and all of the staff we encountered was amazing. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area...you will not be disappointed!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your warm comments. We really enjoyed having you here! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The staff was very nice and did a great job making us ALL happy.The hotel was really clean - lobby, dining area, halls and rooms. Really GREAT complimentary breakfast(best we've ever had). We were there for a soccer tournament and the location was good for the 2 different complexes that we played. The Liberty Park area is really a nice area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Christie R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

I am so glad that you are enjoying your stay! We really have enjoyed having the teams here!! Good Luck to everyone!!