“Couple Get A Way for Bowl Weekend”

Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park
Ranked #7 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
A TripAdvisor Member
“Couple Get A Way for Bowl Weekend”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Had a great stay at this property. Went for an extended weekend right after New Year's to attend BBVA Bowl and related festivities. Had a two room Suite and value was excellent when you consider the cost versus all the amenities.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Christie R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay!! We look forward to the next time you come to visit us!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I was here for 4 nights and had a great time. Took advantage of the business center, fitness center, and whirlpool. I enjoy Hilton Garden Inns for the breakfast. I always take the free breakfast rather than 750 extra points for a stay. The chef and waiter in the kitchen were awesome. After the first day, the chef remembered what I wanted and started cooking my meal when I walked in. When he wasn't cooking he was in the eating area visiting with the guests. The waiter went above and beyond taking care of me and my associate. Rooms were clean and beds were comfy. No complaints from me!

Room Tip: If you are a Diamond Hhonors member, always choose free breakfast instead of the points. My stays ar...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Christie R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
You are correct the breakfast is amazing!! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will come to visit us again soon!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was there on business - great stay - great price! Everyone was helpful and the bed was wonderful! Used the business center, loved the freebies for being a Hilton Honors member. Will recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I am so glad that you had a great stay! We look forward to your next trip to Birmingham. See you soon!!
Waldorf, United States
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I only stayed for one night but I was a very pleasant experience. I stay with my daughter who pleading to stay there another night. The hotel lobby and room to include the bathrooms were very clean. I also didn't mind the carpeting and walls...usually I'm totally grossed out and end up leaving. My only suggestions would be to add free breakfast and extend hours for the hotel-airport shuttle. The staff was very helpful as well...I think they actually enjoy their work...or at least the fooled me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We here at the Hilton Garden Inn Liberty Park do infact enjoy our jobs!! We are very proud of the property and the great guests! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you soon!!
Prattville, United States
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in a very nice location. Close to the freeway, but far enough off that it was very quiet. The pool was nice and the staff were very friendly. Definitely will stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! You are absolutely correct, our location is very close to restaurants and shopping but far enough away where we have been able to maintain the tranquilty of the country.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding weekend. The lobby was really welcoming. The front desk was extremely helpful. The actual room we stayed in was a little outdated (in terms of decoration) but more than satisfactory. The front desk attendant helped us secure 2 extra rooms at the last minute when other family members had booked at the wrong Hilton. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We strive to offer outstanding customer service and I am so pleased that you had a great experience.
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I usually stay at the Hampton Inn in Hoover but this time I was in town for a quick meeting closer to this HGI. Well next time I am in town I will give the HGI/Liberty Park a try again.

A clean well maintained hotel.
The room smelled fresh.
The bed was comfortable.
Better than average towels.
Internet worked well.

Now the bad.
The restaurant, they didn't have the steak or short ribs. I chose the grilled chicken, but come on, if you are going to have such a small menu, then have the product in stock.

Breakfast was good, eggs were cooked over-medium, bacon crispy and nothing tasted greasy.

Overall a great stay, give them a chance when you are in Birmingham.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hello, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! I am sorry that the restaurant was out of steak and short ribs. I will speak with F&B manager about this. We look forward to your next trip to Birmingham.