“Great resolution to an Expedia disaster”

Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park
Ranked #7 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Travelling from Brisbane Australia, delayed in Dallas so didn't arrive to the hotel til after midnight. Expedia had accepted my payment two months prior for a stay 1 to 6 May 2013. Unfortunately didn't forward payment to Hilton! Called Expedia who forwarded my call to a "dead" number. The Hilton was full! Races were on. Kieko the night clerk woke the boss and arranged a private driver to take me to another venue they arranged. Pick up the next morning back to Liberty Park. You're right, I'll never use Expedia again after leaving me half way 'round the world with no where to go and no assistance!

The Hilton however has become the one and only go to place to stay. Keiko went well above and beyond when faced with a very tired traveler. The staff, over subsequent days, could not have been more courteous and helpful and the venue itself was neat, clean, tidy and modern.

The area is quiet and safe in a very pretty part of greater Birmingham. Nearly had the hotel driver convinced we should try out his new boat for a few bass but he was needed at work so that adventure will have to wait.

There are less expensive venues in Birmingham, but none better value.

Highest recomendation

Room Tip: Talk to Kieko!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jim M
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a very nice hotel tucked away in the hills. It is very clean and comfortable. The staff is very nice and attentive. You will not beat the price for everything you get at the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at your hotel April 23 through the 26th. Everything was great and I had no problems. The Breakfast was a little over priced for the food that was available. The food was delicious i just felt it was somewhat over priced.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is adjacent to our medical practice and we frequently use it to host patients from out of town recovering from surgery. We and our patients absolutely love it! Clean and new rooms. Easy access to highway but just far enough not to hear the traffic.

It's an excellent place to stay for many events nearby like Alabama football games (45 min drive), the Talledega Nascar race track (30 mins), the Barber Motor Speedway (15 mins) and the sports fields used to host youth and high school tournaments at Liberty Park and Mountain Brook (both <10 mins). You can literally be anywhere in Birmingham in under 20 minutes give it's proximity to US 280, I-65, I-20, and I-459. Book early though as the hotel fills up on any weekend with these events as it's well known for it's convenient location.

Other nice touches include the great breakfast buffet and super responsive management with whom we've had the please to deal with frequently. You really cannot beat this location and quality for the price.

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I was one of 40 individuals staying at the Hilton Garden inn. We were all participating in a volleyball tournament. After our first day of the tournament we found out that our next game the following morning was going to be very early. When checking in, a group in front of us had inquired about when breakfast would be available. Breakfast starts at 7 AM, however we had to be at the BJCC by 7:15 AM. This meant that three volleyball teams were not going to be able to eat breakfast. I simply told the receptionist at the front desk that the club had decided on this hotel based on the good reviews for his breakfast. She told us that there would be dry breakfast available as early as possibly 630 to 6:45 AM.
We went ahead and checked in and got to our nicely appointed room. Upon entering the room, I had the unlucky fortune to figure out that the remote would not turn on the TV. I called downstairs and they quickly brought up another remote. Of course this remote did not work either. I called again and they brought up another remote. The receptionist watched as I turned the T.V. on. I thanked her and walked back to the T.V. And guess what I couldn't turn any channels. The receptionist apologized and quickly have us another room. We had other issues with T.V's or anything else.
To our whole groups surprise at 6:40 a.m the Hilton staff had hot breakfast available for our whole group. We didn't yell or scream - the staff appreciated our need and then made appropriate measures to meet them. It could have been a disastrous review but time in again customer service met my every need. Many thanks

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was more than I expected. The Hotel was beautiful as was the surroundings out side. It was in a nice location, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for nice place to lodge. It is great for families or a single traveler. Staff was very helpful. There is no Continental breakfast, but there is a restaurant in the hotel with food establishments located nearby as well. You also have a fridge, microwave and coffeepot if you simply don't feel like getting back out you can bring your own. I give it a big thumbs up!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Overall, we had a great experience. Friendly staff (with one exception), clean room, quiet area and easy access back to interstate. I would highly recommend as a place to stay and would return if given the opportunity. We did not utilize the hotel bar/restaurant, but it seemed nice.