“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Livingston, MT
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

It was exactly what I needed. Clean, comfortable, great gym, friendly & helpful staff. Love the pantry where you can grab wine or beer. I needed to get a lot of work done on my laptop and sat at a table in the lobby. It was bright and quiet. I ended up eating dinner here, and it was great. I don't make a habit of eating at chain hotels and much prefer finding downtown, local spots, but I had an early flight and just didn't have time. I had a nice glass of pinot grigio with my entree and wasn't disappointed!

The only drawback to staying here was that the shuttle doesn't start til 6:00 a.m. I had a 5:30 a.m. flight, and the staff offered to call me a taxi, but it was $40, and my Budget rental car was only $53 (w/ all taxes), and the car return is in the parking lot across from the terminal, so I decided to just keep the car. Would have been great if I could have returned it the night before and saved the money. A minor drawback, but definitely a drawback.

I will warn other travelers...if you have a flight before 6:00 am, don't count on the BHM being slow. The Delta counter was absolutely packed when I arrived at 4:15! And Delta only has kiosks accessible through standing in line. I had checked in for my flight the night before in my room, but I didn't go down to the Business Center and print my boarding pass. I wish I had, because i could have avoided the 20-minute line I had to stand in to print my pass at a kiosk! Security took awhile too. If you have a really early flight, give yourself some extra time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Christie R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience as well as the rest of your stay! We look forward to future visits. Have a wonderful day,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just stayed in thie HGI and it was very nice. It's just a few years old, it serves breakfast and dinner with room service. Food was good, I did have room service one night and I was plesantly surprised. The King size beds are some special version of a sleep number bed and were very comfortable. I enjoyed my stay, the staff was very friendly. I would stay there again without thoughts.

Room Tip: It's pretty quiet there I can't imagine one would be quieter than another.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Pensacola, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

As with all of the Hilton Garden Inns I have visited, the great atmosphere, clean rooms, eye-pleasing appearance of the facilities, and the overall experience was great!

The location was great (Just off of I-459), so travel to and from our venues was easy (we were there for a very large soccer tournament). The staff easily handled the fact there were several visiting teams using the facilities and, even with all of the activity, I saw nothing but excellence from them all.

Since we play quite a bit of soccer and another venue is close by to this hotel, we will definitely make this our number one choice of a place to stay for all future events in Birmingham.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I truly enjoyed my stay at this lovely hotel. Its majestic setting is high on a hill overlooking beautiful Liberty Park, which houses a corporate/retail and residential mix. I loved having a Piggly Wiggly Grocery Store just five minutes away and don't' be fooled - they have an amazing wine and gourmet food selection because of it's upscale location. I found it DEFINITELY worth the splurge for the jacuzzi suite, which is the size of 1BR apartment. The staff was friendly, I enjoyed small talk, dinner and a cocktail at the bar one rainy evening, and the coffee was hot from sun up to sun down. I would definitely stay at this Hilton Garden Inn again and would highly recommend a high floor, away from the elevators.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here last October for the Barber Vintage Weekend. Once again, Hilton Garden Inn at Liberty Park did not disappoint!

We arrived very early (9am) and had requested our old room (609)Last year, by accident, I had booked an "accessible" room and didn't realize it. The hotel was booked so they couldn't change me, but they did give me an accessible room with a tub. The room was VERY wide and I was happy with my mistake so we booked the same room again! It was understandably not ready so we went and ate lunch until the room was clean. The staff did everything to try to make it up to us including 2 free breakfasts!

We had no problem finding it this year now that we know where to go.

Very close to Barber and to Shopping. We ate at a local Mexican cantina in the corporate park and it was very good. Had the $8.95 breakfast buffet each morning and had drinks from the bar at night. Everyone in this hotel was super friendly!

The only issue we had was the hot tub was not working. It was just warm and no bubbles. Since I enjoy relaxing every night in there, this was a let down.

We will be staying at the HGI again this October!
Room Tip: Room 609 was on the top floor close to elevators and very quiet!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Zionsville, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park. It is very, very nice -- but not in downtown Birmingham. The hotel appears to be newer. Lobby is large and has lots of places to hang out and read. There is a fireplace in the center on the one side so you many can enjoy it's warmth. There are always fresh cookies at the front desk and coffee to welcome you as you come in. (I always ask for tea and the staff is wonderful about getting it for me.) There is a bar/restaurant that serves dinner and drinks. In the morning the area is set up for breakfast. If you want the meal included with your room, look for that when you make the reservation. Beds are very comfortable. It's very clean. You won't be disappointed, unless you're looking to be right in the heart of downtown Birmingham.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KathiRamsd
Ballwin, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is always a good stay. The restaurant has good food and the staff is always friendly. I would absolutely stay here for a personal trip. The location is quiet and in the warmer weather, the patio is a good place to enjoy a drink and a cigar, if you are inclined. They sometimes run out some of the wines and I wish their wine selection was a little larger but the service is always great and if you stay more than once, they remember you.

Room Tip: I have never noticed a difference in location of the rooms. They are pretty quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business