“LOUSY SERVICE” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brock's at Ross Bridge

Brock's at Ross Bridge
Reserve with OpenTable
Brock's at Ross Bridge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 937 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“LOUSY SERVICE”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

While the food is outstanding, the service REALLY brings this restaurant down. Everything you have read about the service and the waitstaff is right on point. The waitstaff aren't educated on food and wine pairing and are not concerned about their customer. This puts a real negative impact on an evening you want to celebrate a special event in your life. Kills the romance package they so pride themselves on.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Tarpondawn

Lakeland, TN
“Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

I have already posted a critique within the review of The Ross Bridge Resort, but after seeing where the absurd ranking ended up for Brock's Restaurant here in the food section of Trip Advisor I felt I had to enter another one here. This place is deserving of the same rankings of Frank Stitt's top two eateries and not one notch below. I suspect the local diners view it as not as accessible as area free standing restaurants, being inside the Renaissance Hotel at Ross Bridge, but it is a beautiful, brief drive from B'ham with friendly valet or self parking, whatever you wish. I won't repeat the detail mentioned before, just take my and my wife's word that the "Stitt" trained chef at Brock's is as good as you can find. The staff knows it and they beam with pride when his masterpieces are complemented. Do yourself a favor and try this great restaurant in a beautiful resort for a special occasion. You won't be sorry.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2008

My husband and I made reservations for our anniversary. I would love to give a review of the food, but am unable to because we didn't stay long enough to eat. We were seated for 10 minutes and still had no water and no one had been by our table. My husband got up and complained not once, but twice and it still took about 2 more minutes for someone to come by to tell us that they were looking for the manager and would send her by when she was found. 5 more minutes passed and finally a waitress came to our table. When we complained to her, she stated "this isn't even my table". At that point, we were done. We left and celebrated elsewhere. On the way out, another couple heard us complaining and they also stated to us that they would not be back due to problems with the service. We will never be back.

2 Thank newdiver01
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great Night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2008

My husband and I recently had dinner at Brock's to celebrate his birthday. We went pretty early, so it was very quiet. The food was so good and our service was fantastic. I would definitely go back!

1 Thank RNicole1