“want stay there agian” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
wetumpka, United States
“want stay there agian”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

the bathroom was dirty and the toiletries look like they where reused , there where loud people outside , the room was crawling with ladbugs everywhere. I will not stay at this hotel again. Not what I expected from the Hampton brand/chain.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
We sincerely apologize for the condition of your guest room during your stay. This is not typical of our hotel and we've alerted our housekeeping team of this issue in order to resolve this. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pensacola, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I am a big fan of the Hampton Brand, but this location is very close to I-65 and very noisy. The traffic sounds could not be muffled by the room or bathroom fan. If you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs or choose a different hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly the disruptive noises. I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention so that we can follow-up. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve.I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town.
Florence, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Upon arriving at this hotel and going into our room, we discovered a large amount of lady bugs in room. They were everywhere! The lady at the front desk said it was against the law in Alabama to kill them. ?? They did move us in another room. However, the heating/cooling system in the new room was so loud when it would cut on. After already moving rooms once, we just made do with the noise. :(

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Harold H
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are very sorry for the fact that you had trouble with the ladybugs and did not have a comfortable stay. Be assured that we are sharing your concerns with all appropriate management so that corrective measures are taken where feasible. We sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations as this is not typical of the high standards we strive to maintain.

We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future
Rogersville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

When we first arrived to the room the first thing I had to do was go to the lobby for towels, toilet paper, tissues, conditioner and extra covers. This was an inconvenience but the front desk clerk helped me right away. He was very nice and I seen him the next night and he was very helpful and pleasant. The bathroom sinks water faucet was so close to the bowl, it made it difficult to use. The bedding was very comfortable as was the pillows. The TV had few channels and what they did have was all Analog not HD which would have been preferable. The whole hotel was book with alot of young people, I was worried about noise but I never heard anybody and would have never known the hotel was booked if I hadn't seen so many in the lobby. Breakfast was so-so, plenty to choose from and the coffee was very good but lets just say we didn't go down to their breakfast the second morning. Our room key never worked, at one point we had 4 or 5 and still none would work. We were there for 2 nights and this happened the whole time, also with the back door. We weren't the only ones with this problem, I spoke to other quest that it was happening to also. I would like to add that i spoke to a housekeeper that was so nice and did a really good job on cleaning our room. All in all , I would say for the price we paid, I would have expected better.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CrazzzyDe
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for providing us with feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel. Comments and suggestions from our guests enable us to continually improve and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of travelers like yourself. Once again, the time taken along with the effort made to share your observations with us is most appreciated.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

The road noise from I 65 was not suppressed very well. I paid $174.00 for one night. The hot water in the entire hotel was cold...We will not stay there again Definitely not worth the money they charged.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback which will help us improve our guest experience. I’m very sorry that the water temperature was not working properly in your bathroom. I’ve disused your comments with our maintenance staff and we’ve already taken care of the issues you mentioned; however, I can empathize with your disappointment and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you went though.

Please be assured that your comments are extremely important to us. We are always learning from your comments. I do hope you decide stay with us again so that we may have the opportunity of exceeding your expectations.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

On my way home from work I was caught in the middle of the snowstorm, and I decided to try to find a hotel. After learning there were no rooms available, I was encouraged to make myself comfortable in the lobby and have a cup of coffee, and after a wait, I, along with a couple of other ladies, were able to finally get a room to share. The staff was so incredible! Wayne, I believe was his name, was beyond helpful. He let one of the ladies I was with bring his phone charger up to the room to charge her cell phone. The staff ventured out into the chaos later that night to buy us all (even the people camping out in the lobby who were not customers!) sandwich supplies and chips for dinner. They also let people sleep in the conference rooms since there were no rooms available and fed them all breakfast. It blew min mind to say the least! Some of the staff had been there for three days because of the storm, but they were still incredibly generous and hospitable. I would recommend Hampton to anyone passing through Birmingham any day, and if you ask me, the whole staff who was on duty from 1/28-1/30 should get a bonus!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Elizabeth D
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
We are very happy to have been able to help you out during the storm and are happy to have wowed you! Our associates pride themselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you!
Hoover
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

We spent last night in Hampton Inn. It was sold out, but we were immediately invited by the Manager to have some warm coffee. Finally we could even get a nice room. Thank you so much. I really admired the hospitality, even at the next day, after probably not much sleep. Thank you so much, we come back-when the temperature is warmer.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank jj1968traveller
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
We are very happy to have been of service to you during the storm and would like to welcome you back the next time you are in the area. Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review.