“nice hotel”

Ranked #16 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
United States
“nice hotel”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

great location, everything is close by and you won't have to worry about finding anywhere to eat or shop. There is a Kohl's nearby, IHop, Chili's, Milo's, Sam's Club (with gas) and everything you need.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
We are glad to read how much you like the location of our hotel the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Thank you for your business and for such a good review. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Easton, Maryland, Usa
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Excellent hotel close to Interstate 65 Exit. Easy to find. Several good restaurants nearby - Outback, Landry's Chilis. FedEx has office close by. Excellent complimentary breakfast. Comfortable quiet room with good wireless internet service.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
We are happy to read you think we are an excellent hotel and have an excellent complimentary breakfast here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Thank you for your business and for such a nice review.
Daphne, Alabama
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Will good enough, there were a number of things at which I thought Hampton Inns should be better. The room (102) was "okay", but very noisy A/C. When it came on, it came on with too loud of a startup. When I tried to put the fan "on" all the time, it wouldn't stay on. Toilet was very noisy, and the shower was very hard to turn on and off.

At breakfast, the toaster wouldn't work, and the selection was not up to normal standards of Hampton Inns. Price was right, service was "okay". Just not what I expect from Hampton Inns. They better watch out, or the new La Quinta Inns will pass them by!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for providing us with feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel. Comments and suggestions from our guests enable us to continually improve and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of travelers like yourself. Once again, the time taken along with the effort made to share your observations with us is most appreciated.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and the first time, I realized just how close to the highway it is, if your on an upper floor on the highway side I hope you like the sound of traffic. The second time I checked in I couldn't even get into my assigned room as the door lock didn't work. So I was moved to another room and come to find out that the shower had mold around the lower edge. Save yourself the trouble and pick different hotel in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your recent review. I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly the disruptive noises you experienced. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options of better soundproofing our property. Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.
Jackson, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel before an interview and I couldn't have asked for a better stay. The room was nice and quiet, and the location was perfect for where I was going. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
We hope your interview went well for you and would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We have stayed at this Hampton several times on our way to Florida. We have always enjoyed it even though it is a bit higher than other Hamptons. THIS TIME it seemed the rates were extremely high for a Hampton Inn! We realized the morning we left that it was a huge college football weekend and wondered if that had caused an increase in rates.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
 We always enjoy hearing from our guests! Our pricing was in line with similar properties in this area for that weekend and we feel that we offer good value given our central location and extensive facilities. . We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to you.
deville, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

as a Hilton affiliate qulity is always high. Location is always good. I travel an average of 4 days a week over a 4 state area. when there is a hilton affilate near i always book with them. I find Hamptons to be the most avalible. The staff is well trained and the uniformity of the brand is consistiant. There is never any supprises and you always know what to expect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We would like to thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton products and especially to the Hampton brands. Also thank you for your business and for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. We look forward to your next visit.