“No wake up call”

Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Did not receive a wake up call after being assured I would receive one. My cell phone alarm was out of service. I was late for my next destination which was two hours away. It did not make me or my traveling companions happy. We had to rush to make our meeting in Meridian, Mississippi.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John R
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel. We very much appreciate your business.

Please accept my apologies for the concerns that you have raised in your review. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I am so sorry that you did not receive the wake-up call you requested. This is totally unacceptable and I assure that this is very rare to happen; however, I can certainly empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you went through.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

And let me tell you why - to the right of the entrance is a plethora of choices for hot coffee, tea or even hot chocolate. I'm a huge 'mocha' person and always have to ask a hotel if they have any hot chocolate I can add to their coffee but not here. It was already out here! And with choices of creamer flavors too.

Breakfast choices were very wide and the free bottled water in the cooler in the lobby is a wonderful addition.

Room was a great size, bed super comfy. Only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is I'm sick of having feather pillows at hotels. That being said, we'd still stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

We are happy to read you enjoyed the coffee and hot chocolate while you were here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive and that you will be staying with us again on your next visits to our area. Thank you for your business and for such a nice review.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Staff was very accomadating and the hotel was very clean . Our daughter graduated from UAB and we were in town for her graduation. The desk clerk was very nice and even though I was constantly asking for towels etc he just greeted me nicely everytime and got me what I requested. The pool was a bit cloudy, but I think it was from the heavy use earlier in the day. Overall excellent stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Congratulations on your daughters graduations! We are glad you had a great stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Thank you for such a nice review.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We only had a one night stay,no complaints that would keep us from coming back. The location has stores close by and places to eat. The beds were very comfortable and I was impressed by the staff, very friendly and thats important to me.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

 Thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff and our hotel the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Florida. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean. My grand kids enjoyed the fresh warm cookies. I enjoyed the breakfast it was stocked well and had a wide variety. I will stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

It sounds like your had a great time with your grand kids on your trip. Tell them their cookie awaits their next visit here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Thank you for your review and your business. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hotel overall was just what you would come to expect from a Hampton Inn. No major complaints. The only gripe that I had was the TV had weak signal from non HD stations. The staff was friendly and always willing to help.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments concerning the TV reception into consideration to improve our hotel. That being said we are glad you think we are a good place to stay.Thank you for your business and review.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My recent stay at the Hampton Inn on Lake Shore was a most enjoyable event starting with a very brief and quick check-in and out process; very clean and roomy rooms and suites with refrigerators, microwaves and coffee pots and other amenties available at your disposal. Staff was quick to respond to any request you may have. The price was also right!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to read from your review that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I was especially glad to read that you has a speedy and efficient check-in. Our main concern is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay and I am thrilled that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.