“Perfect service and experience - new favorite”

Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed at the I65/Lakeshore location due to severe illness in our family. We thought our stay would be one night, but my father's condition worsened. The staff was so kind and helpful and extended our stay immediately. I would highly recommend this hotel and chain. The room was nice, clean and well-appointed. The morning breakfast was good, quick and easy. Thanks Hampton Inn! Karen & Jim Dolan

Room Tip: we stayed in two rooms - both were fine :)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen D
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

You are entirley welcome and I hope everything has turned out for the good. Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel when we came to the Compass Bowl. It is in a good location...right beside Landry's Seafood. The beds were comfortable. The rooms were a good size and were clean. The breakfast was not so good, so we ate a bagel. The staff was busy but not unfriendly. It is safe and clean.

Room Tip: This I do not know.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Teacheroftigers
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

 Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. We pride ourselves in being service professionals! We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We love the Hampton Inn hotels! The furniture at this location was just a bit shabby and the room Smelled a little. The breakfast was not great. We usually stay at the location in Hoover. We picked this location because it's closer to vs family. We are not totally dissatisfied, but will definitely stay in Hoover next time.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Cameel

We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our housekeeping department and have been addressed. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us; it is through such candid feedback that we’re able to improve our product and services. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Breakfast was not hot, only dried potatoes and sausage patties without eggs. When asked about eggs, they said they weren't delivered yet. This was around 8:30 a.m. They could have gotten eggs from a nearby hotel like other Hampton Inns do.
On return trip we had no working phone in room and there wasn't any to replace it with.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I am so sorry that you were disappointed with our breakfast quality. Your feedback is very important to us and I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention so that we can explore new options to improve our menu items. I assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to make sure we provide our guests with the exceptional level of service they deserve.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a shop worn hotel except for the lobby. Staff is not at all helpful. They do leave a post-it on your bed to remind you the sheets are clean. OH GEE WHIZ!!! There are nice resterants around. It is located off a busy hi-way but the noise level is ok.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking and if you need to be moved , remind them you need a non-smoking room!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CAROLYNKSU

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I am truly sorry that you found our hotel to be dated and that our staff was not helpful. Your feedback is very important to us and I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hotel was great, Reggie and the staff went out of their way to help us with all of our needs! The only issue we had is that the shuttle only has a 5 mile radius, and taxi's in Birmingham are really poor.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

 Thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Our associates pride themselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at this location for the bowl game last weekend. The location was great as far as food choices are concerned. We drove right in, had dinner at Landry's, went to Highland for a quick trip through one of the best beer stores I have seen in the South, and then to Legion Field for the game on Saturday! It was very helpful having the hot breakfast at the hotel before we left out for the game. It saved us an extra stop!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

 We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the hot breakfast during your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Please return often!