“First Hampton Inn we've been disappointed in.”

Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #16 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
New Port Richey
“First Hampton Inn we've been disappointed in.”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Breakfast was not hot, only dried potatoes and sausage patties without eggs. When asked about eggs, they said they weren't delivered yet. This was around 8:30 a.m. They could have gotten eggs from a nearby hotel like other Hampton Inns do.
On return trip we had no working phone in room and there wasn't any to replace it with.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I am so sorry that you were disappointed with our breakfast quality. Your feedback is very important to us and I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention so that we can explore new options to improve our menu items. I assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to make sure we provide our guests with the exceptional level of service they deserve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is a shop worn hotel except for the lobby. Staff is not at all helpful. They do leave a post-it on your bed to remind you the sheets are clean. OH GEE WHIZ!!! There are nice resterants around. It is located off a busy hi-way but the noise level is ok.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking and if you need to be moved , remind them you need a non-smoking room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CAROLYNKSU
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. I am truly sorry that you found our hotel to be dated and that our staff was not helpful. Your feedback is very important to us and I thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.

Oxford, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hotel was great, Reggie and the staff went out of their way to help us with all of our needs! The only issue we had is that the shuttle only has a 5 mile radius, and taxi's in Birmingham are really poor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
 Thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Our associates pride themselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you.
Oxford, Mississippi
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at this location for the bowl game last weekend. The location was great as far as food choices are concerned. We drove right in, had dinner at Landry's, went to Highland for a quick trip through one of the best beer stores I have seen in the South, and then to Legion Field for the game on Saturday! It was very helpful having the hot breakfast at the hotel before we left out for the game. It saved us an extra stop!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
 We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the hot breakfast during your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Please return often!
Louisville, Mississippi
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at this property to go to a bowl game. It was not far to Legion Field from here, plus there were plenty of restaurants nearby as well. The mini fridge in the room kept our drinks nice and cold. The bed was soft, but not too soft. The hotel was located right beside the interstate, but our room was on the opposite side, so we didn't hear road noise all night. It was also fairly close to the Galleria mall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
It is nice to hear you liked our location and had a good nights sleep after an exciting day here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.
Irvington, Alabama
Reviewed December 7, 2012

we have stayed at numerous properties in the Birmingham area during regular trips for my wife's ongoing checkups at Univ of Birmingham medical center. on our most recent trip, we found the Hampton Inn / Lakeshore Drive exit on I-65 the best location convenient to downtown, price reasonable, staff friendly, king-size bed comfy, at breakfast steak mixed in with eggs a pleasant surprise!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Newborn, Georgia
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed here for a few days the other week for business meetings. We reserved the small conference room. All was very pleasant (as expected). They were renovating the lobby/breakfast area and that was a bit of a hastle. I understand that they can't do renovation work when no ones there (counter-intuitive), but the guests still had to make due with temp tables/etc to get their breakfast off of-----understandable.
The rooms were clean and modern.
Gym was clean and up to date as well. All equipment worked as intended.
The area is experiencing a lady bug explosion at the moment, so staff was spraying quite a bit. At least they are trying to knock down the hoards of ladybugs in the area.
The location of the hotel is very near all the restaurants and shopping that you can handle----highly accessable.

All in all this was a very nice and productive stay. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business