“Quick trip for the Compass Bowl.”

Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hotel was great, Reggie and the staff went out of their way to help us with all of our needs! The only issue we had is that the shuttle only has a 5 mile radius, and taxi's in Birmingham are really poor.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

 Thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Our associates pride themselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at this location for the bowl game last weekend. The location was great as far as food choices are concerned. We drove right in, had dinner at Landry's, went to Highland for a quick trip through one of the best beer stores I have seen in the South, and then to Legion Field for the game on Saturday! It was very helpful having the hot breakfast at the hotel before we left out for the game. It saved us an extra stop!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

 We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the hot breakfast during your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Please return often!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at this property to go to a bowl game. It was not far to Legion Field from here, plus there were plenty of restaurants nearby as well. The mini fridge in the room kept our drinks nice and cold. The bed was soft, but not too soft. The hotel was located right beside the interstate, but our room was on the opposite side, so we didn't hear road noise all night. It was also fairly close to the Galleria mall.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

It is nice to hear you liked our location and had a good nights sleep after an exciting day here at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

we have stayed at numerous properties in the Birmingham area during regular trips for my wife's ongoing checkups at Univ of Birmingham medical center. on our most recent trip, we found the Hampton Inn / Lakeshore Drive exit on I-65 the best location convenient to downtown, price reasonable, staff friendly, king-size bed comfy, at breakfast steak mixed in with eggs a pleasant surprise!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed here for a few days the other week for business meetings. We reserved the small conference room. All was very pleasant (as expected). They were renovating the lobby/breakfast area and that was a bit of a hastle. I understand that they can't do renovation work when no ones there (counter-intuitive), but the guests still had to make due with temp tables/etc to get their breakfast off of-----understandable.
The rooms were clean and modern.
Gym was clean and up to date as well. All equipment worked as intended.
The area is experiencing a lady bug explosion at the moment, so staff was spraying quite a bit. At least they are trying to knock down the hoards of ladybugs in the area.
The location of the hotel is very near all the restaurants and shopping that you can handle----highly accessable.

All in all this was a very nice and productive stay. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2012

In October, I stayed at this property for the fifth time in four years. The management and staff serve up the signature Hampton Inn service at a competitive price for the area. The staff made special provision for my 5:30 am departures each morning during my stay—they had special breakfast bags available for me.

I like staying at this property because the rooms are quiet, the workout room is a little larger than average, there are many restaurants close by, and interstate access is quick.

Room Tip: if available, secure a higher floor and choose the backside away from the interstate. (BUT all rooms...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have found that you generally can't go wrong if you stay at a Hampton inn. This was no different. Nice rooms nice staff and great cookies. We were also given a coupon for a free appetizer from Landry's Seafood restaurant. Very close to Walmart which is important for me because I usually forget at least two things while traveling.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple