“Excellent value”

Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #18 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
“Excellent value”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Clean, friendly service, large room, comfy bed, good breakfast. My only complaint was slow wi-fi. Would definitely stay here again...and probably will.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed June 6, 2012

As a Gold member, I made the reservation a day in advance of my stay. I made a mistake and should have gone through Atlanta. I called the hotel and would not let me out of the reservation. I guess the hotel needs the business because it was far from being booked up. Get to the room and key doesn't work. Once I get Into the room and turn the TV on, I find that about 10 of the 50 channels don't work. The front desk help has an attitude and I would HIGHLY recommend you stay somewhere else. Hilton Honors will get an ear full tomorrow. Plus I recommend you move over to Marriott brands of hotels.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank bamacouple9
HamptonInnLakeshorGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
I am so sorry that you had this type of experience with us. While we do have a 24-hour cancellation policy, we definitely should have been more understanding of your situation (especially considering your elite status within our enterprise as a Gold Hilton Honors member). I want to make this right with you, so please contact me at (205) 313-2060.

Emmanuel Davis
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Typical Hampton Inn - rooms were nice and clean, breakfast was good, and the property has been well maintained. Plenty of restaurants near by, but the hotel is tucked away from all of the noise and traffic. Staff was courteous and helpful even though we had a group of 10 young boys on a baseball trip.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from I-65 will be quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were there for a wedding, along with 30 other wedding guests. Staff was absolutely terrific. Carrie, Wendy and Johnmon at the front desk, Eric and Warren in maintenance, all went above and beyond to ensure our group's needs were met. Sateyd at a lot of Hamptons and am generally satisfied, but this team is exceptional.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This is clearly an older property with great maintenance. Bed was comfortable and clean, bathroom was well stocked and well maintained, everything worked great for me. Location was ideal for my one night stay in town (for business) and I was able to get a good dinner nearby without much traffic or hassle.

Front desk staff (especially Reggie) was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was the typical Hampton Inn breakfast that I actually love.

On the edge of the campus for the State Farm Corp office and the hotel seemed to be full of folks visiting the offices the night I was there.

Grounds immaculately kept up.

A/C unit is thermostat controlled (which I like) but is one of the older hotel types that is not especially quiet. However, this is sometimes a plus for me as it provides "white noise" for sleeping. Freeway was right outside my window but noise from it was never an issues. I was also close to the elevator which when you are in it seems to have a loud voice announcing the floors and "going down" commands but this could not be heard in my room even though I was only steps away.

The pool looked like a nice pool to burn of energy of children if you have them with you but didn't look sufficient for fitness laps.

I would stay at this property again as it was clean and I felt very safe. Very consistent with the Hampton Inn experience which is why I choose this chain again and again. Excellent consistency which is important to me. I always feel safe, bed is always clean and comfortable, and breakfast is always exactly as I expect.

As an added bonus this hotel had extended HBO channels and I was able to catch some good movies my evening here without having to pay for them. :-)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HamptonInnLakeshorGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you so much for such a great review of our property! Our staff has worked very hard to ensure every guest gets the experience that you have had. I am pleased to report that several of our guest areas will be undergoing renovations over the next two years! Hopefully we will see you back soon.

Emmanuel Davis
Mequon, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 12, 2012 via mobile

This was a one night stop on the way to FL. Super easy location right off of I65. One of the best night sleeps that I have had a motel for a single night. The bed was firm, sheets crisp and well tucked in. (I absolutely hate it when the bottom sheet won't stay put.) receptionist was very pleasant and efficient. The breakfast room in the morning was quite crowded and they kept running out of things. Turns out they we booked for the night and so some delays are probably inevitable. I'm sure we will stay here again when we are lucky enough to have another trip to FL. Highly recommend.

Stayed April 2012
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Front Desk was courteous. Difficult to sleep with window AC unit blowing constantly, all night long. Carpet felt like something at the beach, old and sticky.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family