“Customer Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Jackson,Alabama
“Customer Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

This was my first stay in Hampton Inn in Birmingham,Alabama I just want to say, the stay was great in every way; the customer service was kind, professional, proficient, efficient, and sufficient. The team really pays attention to details. I especially want to acknowledge Ms. Tiffany Chatman and the cook, I tell you these two know how to make you feel right at home. Needless to say, I will be returning again and again!

Room Tip: Room 306 has a perfect view of the parking lot and very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonInnLakeshorGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property. We are pleased that you chose our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for the kudos for Ms. Tiffany and Ms. Wilson, I am very proud to have them on our team! I have posted up your response in the office for everyone to see and they were rewarded for their superior customer service!

Kristy
GM, Hampton Inn Lakeshore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

Location is right off I65. We were concerned about the noise level but Wendy assured us we would not hear anything from our room. She was correct about the road noise. While we were settling in, we did have concerns about the noise from the elevator and electrical equipment. But around 10 PM, the noise stopped and we didn't have any issues with noise (even folks in the room above). There was free high speed internet which was great and allowed us to complete some business transactions. Lots of places to eat for dinner. Breakfast was good. Lots of fresh fruit to go with the standard breakfast buffet.

Bathroom was very nice and room had small refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.

Room Tip: If you plan on going to bed early, don't get room next to elevator. Otherwise, the beds are gre...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonInnLakeshorGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Beach_Bum_Geezer

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our property. It really helps us see where we can improve. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on service and amenities. All of our rooms have the refrigerators, microwaves, and coffee makers that you spoke of. I am glad you took advantage of our free high speed internet. We have also just upgraded the system to be even faster than it was before. We know that our guest love to be productive and relaxed without leaving the hotel. I will be sure to pass your comments along to my staff as they always look forward to guest reviews. Thanks again for staying at the Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive. We love having you here!

Fax: 205-313-2070
TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

This was my first time at this Hampton Inn. First, the good: Great location close to the freeway, many fast-food type restaurants. The room was very clean, the staff/breakfast lady were very pleasant and efficient (be sure to tip the breakfast lady). The bad: right next to the freeway. If you don't keep the A/C & fan running for "white noise," it's too loud to sleep. Also, they need to rename the pool a "dipping pool" because it's so small. There is nothing nearby to walk to, but it is walking distance to the STate Farm Service Center.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear UpNOut,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear that you like our location near restaurants, businesses and our proximity to the highway. As you noted, it does sometimes come with the drawback of highway noise. We always do our best to minimize that problem. We offer complimentary ear plugs as well as always assign people into the quietest rooms first. I will be sure to pass your comments along to my staff about the cleanliness of the room as well as the quality of service. I know that they always love to hear of another satisfied customer. As you have stated our pool is not designed for lap swimming or exercising. It does provide a great place for kids to play around, as well as a great place for adults to cool off. I hope that next time you are in Birmingham you will be sure to stop by and see us again. We love having you here!

Fax: 205-313-2070
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

I'm trying to write this and look and each individual thing. But upon arriving at 1:00am with 3 exhausted children (one disabled). The front desk clerk acted annoyed to have to deal with me. Would not check to see if there was a rollaway available. Then upon arriving there was not a stool for the handicap shower. She did not offer to bring one up, told me I could come down and get it. Hallways needed vaccuumed. Room was clean but the tv would not work. Good thing we weren't staying long. Bfast was the normal Hampton bfast. Friendly staff there.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HamptonInnLakeshorGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Dear beachmomma3,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback. It really helps us see where our staff and property can improve. I am sorry for the issue you had with service and the working condition of the television. I understand the inconvenience that these items can cause a traveler after a long day. I will reiterate to my staff the importance of doing everything we can to accommodate our guests’ every need. I am glad my breakfast staff was able to show you the true southern hospitality that our location gives. Once again I am very sorry for the issues you incurred at our location.

Our goal is to provide you with the very best product and service all the time. I know that we fell short in your case, but that is the exception for us and not the rule. I would love for you to come back and give us another try next time you are in Birmingham and I know that you will be very impressed this time around. Please feel free to contact me at the information below if you have any other comments or concerns.

“We love having you here!”

205-313-2060
John.Reagan@hilton.com
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stopped here on our way to Florida. We got a room as a walk in. The rates were resonable. The room was nice and clean. Everyone here were very hospitable and glad to have you as a guest. The biscuts and gravy breakfast was great. Parking was kind of bad. It was hard to find a spot. Overall the hotel was nice, keeping with what I expect from a Hampton.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonInnLakeshorGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear jjbgreenroyd,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback; It really helps us be sure that we are giving you the best service we can provide. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to convey your praise to my staff. I am sorry about the issue you had with parking. We have had some very busy days in our meeting space lately, and I understand the inconvenience that struggling to find a parking space can cause. We hope you will stop by and see us next time you are in Birmingham.

We love having you here!

Email: John.Reagan@hilton.com
Memphis, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed here last weekend to attend a wedding in Birmingham. The staff was friendly and the hotel was sort of the "usual" Hampton Inn. We were a little freaked out because we saw not one but TWO bugs upon arrival in our room. One was on the bed (sort of a silverfish looking bug, but not small) -- my daughter yelled so my husband killed it. Literally not 5 minutes later there was a spider going across the wall!! I know these things can happen, but there was some definite wear and tear showing on this Hampton.

It was just o.k. Another thing we thought was a bit strange...there appeared to be a lot of people almost living there -- maybe displaced folks due to the recent storms around Alabama? If that's the case, then I'm willing to cut them some slack....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear ASRmomx3,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback. It really helps us see where our staff and property can improve. I am greatly sorry about the issues you had with the bugs in your room. This is a rare occurrence at our property but does happen from time to time as Alabama does have a large and active bug population. Our pest control company is actively servicing all of our rooms but does make specific trips out to service rooms when extra attention is needed. They have already come and out done a pest control service on the room you stayed in. I apologize for any inconvenience that this incident may have caused you while staying with us.

You are quite correct; we do currently have a large amount of extended stay rooms with us. Many are here as support of the victims of the recent Alabama tornados. Normally we do not have the volume of extended stays as we currently have at this is location, but we are glad and honored to have them here supporting our neighbors in their time of need. As with all of our guests we consider you and them family and we love having you here. I hope the next time you are in Birmingham, Alabama you will stop by and see us again.

“We love having you here!”

Kind Regards,

john.reagan@hilton.com
Daleville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

my family and i enjoyed our stay at your hotel. the room was clean.bed was comfortably.The desk clerk (Carrie) was very friendly,very knowledgeable of her job. The breakfasts was very good, great cooks. Thanks for making our weekend an enjoyable one.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonInnLakeshorGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham I-65/Lakeshore Drive, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Dear bigben49,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! Feedback from our guests is the best training tool available. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I know our staff is top notch and I can tell by your response that you experienced that. I will be sure to pass your comments along to our staff as they always enjoy hearing feedback. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.

Email: John.Reagan@hilton.com