Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #13 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Alabaster, Alabama
“Happy birthday”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed here for my husbands birthday and had a wonderful experience start to finish. Great customer service and beautiful location. I love that every room has it's own private balcony. Breakfast at bricks was fabulous

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good. We overlooked the golf course which was beautiful
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Val W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed three nights for an anniversary celebration. This is a beautiful property and is off the beaten path. I found Ross Bridge at the recommendation of the Porsche driving experience, which my husband enjoyed. The service at Ross Bridge is excellent and our room was spacious and very quiet. All of the staff was friendly and courteous. The pool area was very crowded on Saturday, but we still managed to get some lounge chairs after a little more than 30 minutes. This is a great family resort also and the pool slide seemed to be a hit with the kids. The service at the pool was top notch and Will made sure that we were never thirsty. There was also a gentleman playing guitar by the pool from 1 -3 that provided some great background music. Brock's did not live up to the expectation of a property of this caliber. We dined on Thursday night and the food was just so-so and the servers seemed awkward and less experienced. The fitness center has well-appointed equipment, with both cardio and weights. The spa is wonderful and I was glad that I booked well in advance so that I could enjoy a massage and facial on Friday. I think the value was exceptional for the advance payment option. I will definitely return to Ross Bridge and look forward to my next stay there.

Room Tip: Property facing the resort and near the stairs was very quite.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MJlovethebeach
Munford, Alabama
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

If you don't golf no problem just lay back and enjoy the pool, the service and yes the bag pipes. But if you want Internet just bring your own its a hassle so put the computer away then eat and drink you won't be sorry.

• Stayed June 2014
Brookhaven
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Our family usually spends a week at the beach every summer. We couldn't find a beach condo that fit our needs and price range. Disappointed, we decided on a whim to plan a golf vacation for our sons this week. Ross Bridge was our first stop. From the moment we arrived at the Castle, we were treated like royalty. Everyone we came in contact with went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. Amanda at reservations/check in was awesome!!! We had a luxurious room overlooking the pool area and took full advantage of the balcony view. The room and the hotel itself met all of our expectations and more. We loved the keurig coffee maker and huge flat screen TVs. The guys had a wonderful time at the immaculate award winning RTJ golf course and I got to enjoy a relaxing day at the spa. We ate at the clubhouse and the food and service was excellent. We spent two nights and did not want to leave!! The atmosphere and surroundings at Ross Bridge were first class---forget the beach, we hope to make this an annual event now.

Stayed July 2014
Rick S, General Manager at Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
We are thrilled to know your family had such a relaxing stay at Ross Bridge. Thank you for choosing us for your summer vacation! I will be sure to share your generous comments with my associates. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We recently stopped here by accident during a long cross-country drive and are so glad we did! This is a gem in the middle of nowhere - the pool area is fabulous, food is great, service is excellent and there is something for everyone in the family. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Denali5540
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful week here with the best service in every restaurant on sight to the front desk. Just perfect. While centrally located it is a short drive to a Starbucks but within walking distance is a great restaurant off site. We were very pleased. Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2014
birmingham al
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Did a Staycation weekend over the July 4th holiday. The property was amazing. Although the property is almost 10 years old, it has been well maintainted. The room was clean and spacious. The balcony gave enough privacy that I was not disturbed by the other guests. My only negative was the food. Ate a late dinner at Brocks, the on property restaurant. Not good at all. The waitress brought out the bread and dipping oil before the entree. The bread was fresh and tasty but the oil tasted like leftover fried chicken grease. It really did. I ordered a flatbread as a light option being it was late. I ordered the wild mushroom that was as tasty as hospital food. Very bland. Another diner had the chicken flatbread which was a wee bit better because of the meat but not much. The crust on both had the consistency of some type of cornmeal. The waitress asked how was it and I said ok. She asked was it not fantastic..... no. Came back to Brocks the next morning for breakfast and it was chaos. I did not come down until 10:00am thinking the rush would have cleared but it had not. The maitre' D was very unorganized. A crowd of over 25 people was waiting for tables and she was all over the place. She came back and passed around a clipboard for guest to complete their information. By the time we passed it around, she was gone again over in the restaurant with more guest arriving. After we were seated, she came back to the table with her clipboard to ask us how to pronounce another guest name??? I choose the buffett which had a great selection of food, they were just out of everything. Empty containers were everywhere. I wanted the crossaint french toast that was replenished but it was cold. I did have the zuchinni fritatta and bacon which was good. Some of the fresh fruit was never replennished. Live entertainment during breakfast was the busboy continually breaking dishes. I know it was a crowd but in 9 years, I would think a resort of this manner would be able to handle such. Will I come back to the resort? Of course. Will I eat 5 miles down the road at the many restaurants in Hoover for meals? Of course.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rick S, General Manager at Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Ross Bridge Resort. I am embarrassed that your experience in the restaurant was not up to our standards. Please accept my deepest apologies. I have notified my Director of Food and Beverage of these issues and he assured me that they are being taken care of. We are looking forward to your next stay with us and hope you will give us another opportunity to provide an extraordinary experience in our restaurant.