Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #13 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
“Very Good”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We recently stopped here by accident during a long cross-country drive and are so glad we did! This is a gem in the middle of nowhere - the pool area is fabulous, food is great, service is excellent and there is something for everyone in the family. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Denali5540

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful week here with the best service in every restaurant on sight to the front desk. Just perfect. While centrally located it is a short drive to a Starbucks but within walking distance is a great restaurant off site. We were very pleased. Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2014
birmingham al
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Did a Staycation weekend over the July 4th holiday. The property was amazing. Although the property is almost 10 years old, it has been well maintainted. The room was clean and spacious. The balcony gave enough privacy that I was not disturbed by the other guests. My only negative was the food. Ate a late dinner at Brocks, the on property restaurant. Not good at all. The waitress brought out the bread and dipping oil before the entree. The bread was fresh and tasty but the oil tasted like leftover fried chicken grease. It really did. I ordered a flatbread as a light option being it was late. I ordered the wild mushroom that was as tasty as hospital food. Very bland. Another diner had the chicken flatbread which was a wee bit better because of the meat but not much. The crust on both had the consistency of some type of cornmeal. The waitress asked how was it and I said ok. She asked was it not fantastic..... no. Came back to Brocks the next morning for breakfast and it was chaos. I did not come down until 10:00am thinking the rush would have cleared but it had not. The maitre' D was very unorganized. A crowd of over 25 people was waiting for tables and she was all over the place. She came back and passed around a clipboard for guest to complete their information. By the time we passed it around, she was gone again over in the restaurant with more guest arriving. After we were seated, she came back to the table with her clipboard to ask us how to pronounce another guest name??? I choose the buffett which had a great selection of food, they were just out of everything. Empty containers were everywhere. I wanted the crossaint french toast that was replenished but it was cold. I did have the zuchinni fritatta and bacon which was good. Some of the fresh fruit was never replennished. Live entertainment during breakfast was the busboy continually breaking dishes. I know it was a crowd but in 9 years, I would think a resort of this manner would be able to handle such. Will I come back to the resort? Of course. Will I eat 5 miles down the road at the many restaurants in Hoover for meals? Of course.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rick S, General Manager at Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Ross Bridge Resort. I am embarrassed that your experience in the restaurant was not up to our standards. Please accept my deepest apologies. I have notified my Director of Food and Beverage of these issues and he assured me that they are being taken care of. We are looking forward to your next stay with us and hope you will give us another opportunity to provide an extraordinary experience in our restaurant.
Atlanta
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We have stayed at this property on several occasions & have always enjoyed ourselves. We went last summer for a quick romantic weekend & decided that the pool was really crowded (totally understandable for a weekend) & on our next trip we would try during the week to have a quieter, more romantic time. We were there for a Mon-Thurs trip during the week of the 4th of July thinking it would be most quiet (btw, we left BEFORE the 4th, so we were not there on that day). The pool was OVERRUN with children. It was difficult to find chairs or a spot in the pool where children were not EVERYWHERE. I asked at the front desk if the neighborhood surrounding the resort had access to the resort pool & was told no, but it seems impossible as locals continued to pour in through the back gate. Another tip-off was the lovely breakfast buffet - we ate there every morning & there were absolutely no families in there eating breakfast and not that many children through other areas of the hotel, but had overtaken the pool. We were disappointed, as we were looking for a nice experience at the pool as part of our stay. I'm sure space is an issue, but for such a lovely resort, they might want to consider an adults only pool. I will not be back to this resort again during the summer, as I found the pool un-usable. Next issue: our smoke alarm began beeping at around 2am on our last night. My husband was able to take it off the wall & I was able to take the battery out, and it finally quit beeping 10 minutes after that!! When I told the guy at check out, he said, "Sorry about that... did you want to leave the charges on your credit card??" wow. disappointed in that reaction. Finally, there is a need to vacuum the hallways to the rooms at least once a day. The hallway between the elevators & our room was not vacuumed during our entire stay. I saw the same pieces of trash/debris the whole week. Again, disappointing for a resort of this caliber. I expect better for the prices paid. Finally, Wi-Fi has been discussed to death, so I will let that go.... GOOD POINTS: the spa is amazing: the services are wonderful & the atmosphere is relaxing. The breakfast buffet is delicious & convenient. Love the choices for breakfast foods. The Clubhouse is also great - one of the best burgers in Birmingham. Overall, we were able to have a good time, but I expected a better experience at a resort of this style.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are encouraged & cost more, but can be loud...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rick S, General Manager at Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor. Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience of the pool. Your vacation should be stress free and relaxing, I understand that being at a pool overrun by children is not ideal. Thank you for your suggestion on having an adults only pool, I will be sure to share this with my team in hopes to improve this issue. I’m glad that you were able to enjoy our breakfast buffet and we look forward to your return in the future.
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here July 2-3. Even though the resort is a little out of the way it is well worth the extra drive. We arrived in town early and they allowed us to check in early which was great. Everything at this hotel is first class from the rooms, to the pool, and the tennis court. We will definitely be back again

Stayed July 2014
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Had heard about this destination from several golfing friends and decided to give it a try. The photos on their website looked great but was very concerned about multiple negative reviews that I read on various travel websites but decided to give it try anyway. After two days of friendly, outstanding service from every level of the staff we experienced, we became concerned that maybe we were not at the same place the previous reviews were written about! Every aspect of this visit exceed our expectations! My golfing partner and I are both very well traveled individuals and are accustomed to top shelf resorts, hotels and restaurants and I would put this place close to the top with the best of them in terms of service, amenities and value for the money spent. Grounds and golf course are very well maintained, super staff, the housekeeping staff was awesome as well. Management very attentive and responsive to your needs and the hotel is very nicely appointed and maintained. If there would be one thing I would like to see, it would be high end type of restaurant with a little more sophisticated atmosphere. Overall outstanding trip, already making plans to go back in the next couple of months. The Ritz at Reynolds Plantations doesn't have anything up on this place!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank charles m
West Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My cousin and I treated our Mom's to a few days of relaxing in Birmingham, AL at the Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa. The hotel is very clean with well kept grounds and buildings. Our room was comfortable and clean. The meal at the Club House Restaurant was terrific! The appetizer, Nachos, is home made potato chips with cheese sauce and bacon crumbles on top. It was the best appetizer I've ever had at this restaurant. It was so good. All four of us really enjoyed the tasty treat. Our entire meal was delicious and the service was excellent. We used the spa for pedicures and massages. Our pedicures were great. No complaints, but our head and foot massage was not so great...just average. Nothing special and we were disappointed in this treatment. The spa itself is very nice with dressing rooms, hot tub, sauna, showers and a relaxing quiet room. Overall our stay would be rated excellent, but they need to hire more experienced spa staff for massages. We used the valet parking so our mothers wouldn't have to walk to the car every time we left the property. They were always nice and had the car ready to go for us. When we arrived, they unloaded the car and when we left, they loaded it for us. I would recommend this hotel for family, friends and business. I've stayed here for business a couple of times and it was terrific with no complaints from me.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool area which is fabulous. We had a couple of chairs and a table on our b...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family