“Great stay for family”

Ranked #6 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Frisco, Texas
“Great stay for family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

We love the consistent quality from Homewood and this stay did not disappoint. This appeared to be in a nice area of the city and plenty of conveniences around (restaurants etc). The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the hotel and rooms were clean. The breakfast was even better than expected. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

We have stayed at many Homewood Suites and other Hilton hotels. This was a nice hotel with very helpful employees. However, after reading other reviews, I see that many are glad that pets are allowed. I love dogs as much as the next person, but I don't want to sleep in a bed with sheets covered with black dog hair ...Disgusting! We had to call housekeeping to come change the sheets when we discovered one of our beds had sheets covered in black dog hair. This was done, we went to sleep, then woke up to find our bathroom had become a home for ants overnight. There were even a few in my bed...Disgusting again. If you stay here, I strongly recommend that you ask for a top floor room, as noise from the room above you can be loud, and carefully inspect your room before you unpack. This will save you a very late night!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank traveloverSc
Missoula, MT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel was a little more expensive than the others I was looking at, but I'm glad I chose it. The service staff was great! They were very friendly, and were able to upgrade our room.

Breakfast and dinner were both included. Breakfast was very well done. Make your own waffles were great. Dinner was just okay, but they had free beer and wine!

The rooms were very large, and they have kitchens. This was exactly what we wanted since we were traveling with a 2 year old, and my wife's sister.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

I gotta say, this hotel is very nice especially for the price / category. The staff is very warm and professional, and the overall hotel is fairly new and well kept. There's a nice pool and hot tub in the back, as well as barbeque grills. Hot breakfast in the mornings is included (as well as a small "Welcome home" meal service early in the evening, which changes daily). There's free wi-fi, but connection speeds pretty much crawl between 8 and 11 PM when everyone gets on, so be aware of that.

The studio rooms are nice and spacious and very clean, with a queen size bed, desk, sitting area with a couch and a small kitchenette with a full fridge / dishwasher. There's a flat screen TV with HBO and high-definition service, plus a DVD to watch your own movies which is a plus. I like that the bathrooms have big walk-in showers instead of tubs, but that's a preference thing. There's a Fresh Market right in front of the hotel, so definitely easy to get groceries for the week, as well as a Walgreens that is open 24 hours for any last minute needs. There's quite a few options for food in the area, and the Summit shopping mall is just a 5 minute drive away.

Things that you are not going to get, as with any long-stay hotel: room service, on-site restaurant or spa or other high-end ammenities - if those are important to you, look elsewhere. If you are working downtown, be aware that this hotel is about 30 minutes south from it in traffic, which can be hellish around rush hour on I-280. As said, the internet access can be sluggish, but most times it's manageable. The beds are a bit on the bouncy side, so again keep in mind in case you prefer something different.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

A couple of years ago we stayed here on our way to Florida. It is just a quick hop from i-65. The rooms were great they allowed dogs, nice breakfast and a fresh market, starbucks and walgreens right in front of the place. Once you get there you are tucked up on this little hill and it is very secluded and quiet. They have a pool and a basketball court which is great for our kids.
This year was our second time back to this hotel. We stayed here on the way to and from Florida. The main road that this is off of seems much busier now days but we didn't have to worry. We walked through the parking lot to fresh market got a roasted chicken and steamed some veggies in our room. The mini kitchen with real plates and silverware is awesome. It really takes the edge of being on the road.
The staff was very friendly as always and the place still looked new after 2 years. This is one of the best places I have ever stayed at. We almost always have a suite with the kids and this is still by far my favorite place!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Bay Saint Louis, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2008

We had to evacuate for Hurricane Gustov and I was so happy we ended up here. They take pets up to 100 lbs and glady allowed us to have our black lab who we would never leave behind in a hurricane. The breakfast was the best free breakfast I have ever expereinced and they even offer dinner and drinks Monday-Thursday. There were plenty of places to walk the dog and every convience you need is right out your front door. The Summit is a great place to shop and eat and is right up the street. The room was huge and had a fully stocked kitchen. We plan to go back for a real vacation very soon. They truly made our evacuation very comfortable.

• Liked — Pet Friendly
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Bayrat08
Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2008

I lived at Homewood Suites for 300 days. My employer paid the bill for me to stay there. I must say this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. Gayle, the General Manager, is awesome. The whole staff is awesome too! It is in a great location, and right across the street from Superior Grill, a great Mexican restaurant. If I get a chance to go back I will. I would gladly live there another 300 days. I highly recommend Homewood Suites in Birmingham to anyone.

• Liked — The facilities
  • Disliked — I had to leave
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)