“Clean hotel, comfortable beds, no-frills”

Homewood Suites Birmingham South Inverness
Ranked #6 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
New York City, New York
“Clean hotel, comfortable beds, no-frills”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My room was clean and comfortable. Some little things were missing, like there was no glassware in the room. I had to go back to the lobby to get a drink of water. Limited television stations, fairly quiet and away from traffic.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HWSBIRMINGHAMGM, Manager at Homewood Suites Birmingham South Inverness, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Michael C

Thanks so much for your feedback. It is great to hear that your stay was clean and comfortable! At our hotel what we do is leave dishes in the dishwasher so that they are clean and ready for you to use when you arrive. I am sorry that you had to come to lobby to get some water. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel at least 10 times in the last 7 or 8 years; most of my experiences have been very good. Normally, I am an early riser so I get to breakfast before the crowds but this time I arrived at 8:30am. Tables were dirty, all the eggs were gone, most of the breakfast items were picked over and not replenished. I got hot water on napkins and cleaned a table for my children. My kids made waffles and they were happy. I sat there and drank coffee for an hour and did not see anyone check the breakfast items. it appeared to me that the breakfast folks were busy in the kitchen washing dishes. Front desk employees here are friendly....they visit with guests and they visit with each other. I am good with that but not when the tables are dirty and the breakfast items are depleted.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dad05
Dear Dad05

I am always appreciative of feedback and I am glad to hear that you did have some positive expeiences. I I am dissappointed to hear that the breakfast area and specifically the service did not meet the expectation. I have addressed the feedback with the department manager and staff and those areas have now been corrected. I hope that if you come back to Birmingham that you will chose our hotel for another opportunity to make it right. Thanks again for the feedback.
Alpharetta, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Hotel members are friendly and kind. I drunk coffee at lobby but it is not hot, and I tell lobby associate to fix, it was fixed within 5 minutes Room is clean but I can hear walking noise from above room ( but not all the ) time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 3, 2013

scenic, accessible, convenient, clean, helpful staff, safe, secure, food outlets within .1 to 1 mile on 280E, aesthetic beauty and location of true peace. hot breakfast and hot dinner. fitness center has two treadmills and weights. will be great if they had a shuttle to close by areas

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Nashville
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We spent a weekend here recently and loved it! The staff was not only accomodating but very friendly and they appeared to really enjoy their jobs and assisting guests! Loved it! The room was wonderful- very clean, well appointed and everything we could want in it. Comfortable bed and we loved the ceiling fan in the king suite! super clean well appointed kitchenette. Really appreciated the information about the area we received from the front desk. Loved this place-will be back again and planning our next trip staying at these Homewood Suites when possible. Highly recommend- also found it to be a tremendous value for the money- the morning breakfast buffet was generous, well stocked and delicious! Thank you Homewood Suites for being excellent!!!

Room Tip: Loved out view from our third floor room- nice green treetops and lots of sky!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MusicCityTravelers
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 28, 2013

THE GOOD:
This hotel is very clean, the manager is personable and accomodating and the free breakfast is very good. The coffee is delicious and that is very important to me. Coffee and tea are available 24/7. The lobby is spacious, with plenty of tables to choose from (great for breakfast!)

A LITTLE BAD:
The ONLY down side we experienced was the girl with the bad attitude at the front desk (in the morning.) To put it nicely - she was unfriendly and acted annoyed when I asked her if I could lower the volume on the lobby t.v. My husband who NEVER complains - said that she was downright nasty when he asked where the restroom was. She either needs more training on how to be courteous - OR - to find a job in a non service industry!

THE WONDERFUL:
The rooms are all spacious suites with small kitchens, free wifi, a desk, a couch, t.v., big bathroom - just beautiful - and for an amazing rate. When we asked for more towels the friendly manager was happy to help us. The hotel is located in a very nice area off of a wide, quiet, tree lined street. We were visiting EWTN in Irondale, but I do recommend this hotel if you are staying in the area for any reason. Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Avondale Estates, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Completly unsatisfactory experience with the reservations call center. They got nothing right! The hotel experience was fine once I got the reservations issue straightend out at the front desk upon check in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HWSBIRMINGHAMGM, Manager at Homewood Suites Birmingham South Inverness, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Mr George

I am very appreciative of the time you took to to review our hotel and also express to you how sorry I am for the experience you had with our central reservation system. Unfortunatly they are located off site but have passed on your comments to to the appropriate depatment within the reservation system. Next time you are coming to town please call us directly at the hotel and we will be more then happy to take care of you reservation needs. Thanks again for your feedback.