“Very surprised at the quality in a good way”

Homewood Suites Birmingham South Inverness
Ranked #7 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Excellent room in terms of size, cleanliness and feel. I was a little concerned about 'roughing it' since I'm used to 5-star hotels but was definitely pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 9, 2011

Great stay! I really enjoyed it! The hotel had lots of amenities, fitness center, pool, basketball court, etc. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Delta757pilot
Reviewed June 1, 2011

The only thing I can add to the stellar reviews is that 1 - it is an Earth Fare in the center down the hill, not a Whole Foods. Slight difference which only matters to shareholders and members of the kids' club who expect a treat at WF. WF is just a couple of minutes away. :) and 2 - activities, there is a geocache in the neighborhood in walking distance. What a great location for visiting Bham!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I had the pleasure of visiting Birmingham again and of course I had to stay at my all-time favorite hotel! Gayle is still the GM and most of the staff has been with her for many years. That says something about how good a GM she is as well as how experienced the staff is. They will take great care of you!

What really amazed me was how the property appears exactly the same as it did 4 years ago! That says that the maintenance crew is top notch!

I still compare every hotel I stay at to this one. Some may be fancier, some may be newer, but NONE have ever treated me as well as this one!

And best of all, they upgraded their wireless Internet to 4Mbit/sec!! Fantastic!

You just can't go wrong here!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2011

After having visited the Homewood Suites a while back I wondered if the property had gone down in quality or was not as good as the first visit.
When we arrived at the hotel I saw the original GM, Gayle Wilkinson, still headed the property and knew we were in good hands.We were greeted warmly by the well trained and friendly staff.
The well appointed rooms and public areas were still kept crisp and clean.
The next morning at breakfast the selection of nicely presented of hot and cold goodies, would make any buffet proud and included breakfast burritos, waffles, real eggs, sausages, ham, yoghurt, fresh fruit, hot and cold cereals, and baked goods.
That evening there was a buffet that also was well stocked with grilled burgers, potato wedges, chili, salad, wine and other beverages.
The tornadoes ravaged areas around Birmingham but the hotel luckily escaped unscathed. What will always stick in my mind was on Saturday night management organized a drive to put together bags of necessities for Birmingham residents who were in need. Crew and management paired to stuff these bags in an assembly line. One family had three generations of "stuffers."
This caring and kind attitude is emblematic of this property. I would be hard pressed to find this level of hospitality and competence at other properties I have visited. Here you are not just a number or vehicle to up the bottom line, you are truly a guest.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I travel a lot for work and this is the hotel I compare all others to. This is by far the best hotel experience I've ever had. This hotel is close to many restaurants and shopping. You can even go to a nearby gym for free! The free breakfast in the morning and drinks/snacks in the evening really helps with the food bill. But if you want something else, there is a Whole Foods right next door, so you can get great food and cook in the kitchen. Believe me, after traveling for months, you really want a home-cooked meal!

The GM, Gayle, is amazing and the staff is great as well! I sometimes would bring my Pug with me and they actually got treats for him! I laid out a towel for him to sleep on so he wouldn't shed all over, and the cleaning staff would replace his towel every day! It's these little touches that really make a difference.

The only negative thing I ever found with this hotel was the Internet was rather slow. Of course, I'm comparing it to my home cable modem, so that's probably not a fair comparison.

You can't go wrong here!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Over the past four years, I have stayed at this property many times. In fact it feels like my "home away from home." The general manager, Gayle and her staff are the best. I have never had any major issues with this property, and small issues were immediately addressed and resolved. The staff go out of their way to make you feel at home and always keep a smile on their faces as they welcome you. They provide an excellent breakfast and dinner which is included in your room rate. You can't beat the value--as you get more than what you pay for.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is travelling, business or pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business