“Very good, but quite pricey!”
Review of Sol Y Luna - CLOSED

Sol Y Luna
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
“Very good, but quite pricey!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

The lobster soft taco is fabulous, the empanadas are good, the sampler with guacamole is a waste of time. I went alone and thought I would need the sampler to fill me up since it was just tapas, but actually the empanadas and taco were rather filling. Great presentation, wonderful quality, but it's not cheap.

Franklin, North Carolina
“Great margaritas”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Tapas appetizers were good. Mojo dinner was average really loved shrimp ajillo

Alabama
“F A B U L O U S”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

A shot of Cuervo Family reserve or Don Julio with a flag.
Soft lobster tacos or the white fish special.
Sitting out back on the patio on a summer night.

Great tequila selection. I'd like to see them change up the menu a little more often.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Not impressed at all”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Extremely overpriced for what you get. We (my wife & I) had 1 appetizer (Seared Queso Fresca) and 3 entrees/tapas and I left still hungry. We have overordered in the past at other tapas restaurants while traveling so I thought 1 app & 3 tapas would suffice, I was wrong. Probably needed at least 5 or 6 for 2 ppl. We got the beef medallians. They were pretty good, but nothing special. It was literally 3 bites...3 quarter size pieces of beef a 1/4" thick. We also got the empanadas. The one with crabmeat was pretty good, but the others were average at best. The 3rd item we ordered was shimp ajillo. It was average but nothing special. Was basically 5 or 6 pieces of medium to small sized shrimp.

I'm glad we tried as I've wanted to go for some time, but I would definitely not go back. Since I've went, I've mentioned it to about 5 friends and all but 1 was unimpressed.

I will say that the service was great and they have a good drink menu.

• Visited February 2012
Alabama
“Great tapas”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I'm surprised the restaurant isn't ranked higher, especially when you see Jim & Nick's on the list so high. Maybe it's because of the menu? Not sure, because it's certainly one of the top 25 if you ask me.
We tried 4 different tapas and they all tasted very authentic. We had just recently gotten back from a trip to Santa Fe and were looking for something to remind us of the trip. We weren't disappointed. Everything was very tasty and the atmosphere is really nice for such a small restaurant.
We really enjoyed the dinner and it is a solid 4* rating... easily.

• Visited January 2012