“Glad we went, but wouldn't go back.”
Review of Dixie Fish Co. - CLOSED

Dixie Fish Co.
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Think salty, cajun food. Good taste, but not for health conscious folks.
I ordered grilled oysters which were delicious. Also ordered the gumbo - excellent. My wife ordered a grilled fish (I think it was tilapia). Good, but salty. Everything was salty. But that is what cajun food tastes like.
Decent atmosphere. Out side seating was popular with the locals. We froze inside and it was empty, except for us.

There are newer reviews for Dixie Fish Co.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

I'll start with the good. Our server was exceedingly friendly and attentive. She really did a great job waiting on us.

But the food was just not good. In a city where so many people have had great experiences with seafood restaurants on the gulf coast, the food must improve.

1  Thank Bill R
Mason J, Owner at Dixie Fish Co., responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Bill,

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy you visit to Dixie Fish. I know that when done properly our food is outstanding and I would like the opportunity to show this to you. Please send me your contact info at mjambon@fern-street.com so I can hear more about your experience and invite you back as my guest.

Mason Jambon

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Went here on 7-16-14 in hopes of a nice seafood meal. It wasn't very busy, and it was nice weather so we chose to dine outside. Unfortunately we were sat in the direct sunlight instead of at one of the shaded tables available. The waitress came to take our drink order, but after 15 minutes of her serving food and other table drinks, we decided that we would just leave. No drinks ever came as we sat in the direct sunlight. For what the prices were on the menu, the service is HORRIBLE!!!! It is sad when you can't even get a glass of water!

1  Thank pnkgirl27
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Not everyone can prepare seafood properly, but Dixie Fish certainly can. Side items were excellent as well. Definitely recommend.

1  Thank Sue E
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My family went to Dixie Fish early for dinner. The food was very good. There was a variety of meals ordered at the table and all of the food was good. The server was excellent. She made sure we had everything that was needed. The manager came over to our table and chatted with my small child when she got a little fussy. Very friendly restaurant with good food.

1  Thank 663Steve