“Has potential”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Birmingham, Alabama
“Has potential”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Love the atmosphere- great patio! Was pleased to find that they offered live music. Was not pleased that it was so loud we literally had to scream at our friends and the servers. Requested it be turned down but to no avail. My dish- grilled grouper was excellent- on par with some of Birmingham's finest restaurants- as it should have been given the price. Reports on shrimp boil were good. Mixed grill and salad just ok. Service was poor- was never sure who our server actually was. Finally got up and refilled our own water glasses. The prices seem a bit high for some dishes and for drinks. Hopefully they will get the kinks worked out. Will give it another try.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Not a pick of mine”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I am from the Mississippi Coast and know good Fish and Seafood. If you want good Fish and Seafood, don't go here. Most reviews I had read were related to bad service and average food at a higher cost. At the encouragement of my son, we went to the Dixie Fish Company for Dinner. My son ordered crawfish which he has order on previous trips. My wife ordered Pecan Crusted Catfish. Okay, Pecan Crusted to us mean it should have a crunch outside on the catfish. NOT! While the menu item indicates it is topped with a Meunière sauce, it was more like drowned in a sauce that made the Pecan Crusted soggy. She could not eat it. I ordered the Shrimp and Grits. Menu item says the shrimp are smothered in trinity and tomatoes. I asked the waiter what 'trinity' was and he said it was a red tomato sauce. Well I got a bowl with some grits on one side and some shrimp covered in a spicy hot tomato sauce. I have found that when you leave the coast, Cajun food means spicy hot. Cajun food should have spices that add flavor, not make it spicy hot. I must say, service was great so they have fixed that issue. Oh, by the way Catfish is not seafood. It is a fresh water fish. I have made my one and only trip to Dixie Fish Market. If you want good Fish and Seafood as well as great Shrimp and Grits, go down Hwy 280 to the Fish Market Restaurant.

Kennesaw, Georgia
“Great Place to Eat”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I loved the selection of craft beers. There were a lot to choose from and beers I've never heard of, which is always great when you're visiting from out of town. The food was really good and fresh and it's a great atmosphere for a group of people, as well as for a date night. Would definitely come back again!

Visited May 2014
“Tarantin Sales meeting”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

This place was recommended to me and wow was it good! Had the fresh crawfish and they were outstanding. If your in Birmingham this is a place you must visit.

Dallas, Texas
“Great food and a fun place to hang out”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stopped here on a Saturday night for a quick dinner before retiring to our hotel for the night. But our quick meal turned into 2 hours as we sat and enjoyed the live music while eating. The food was advertised as local and Gulf seafood. I had the gulf shrimp platter and my spouse dined on the catfish. Both were absolutely delicious. Our waitress was delightful to chat with and very attentive to our needs. We would definitely eat here again next time we are in Birmingham.