“Good, But a Bit Pricey” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dixie Fish Co. - CLOSED

Dixie Fish Co.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Huntsville, Alabama
“Good, But a Bit Pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Food, Service, Atmosphere were all good. The alligator sausage & boudin were delicious. Salad was okay. Low Country Boils come with heads & tails. (Good to know that up front.) Pecan Pie and Lemon Icebox Pie were good, but should be at almost $8/slice.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Best seafood in Birmingham”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Great atmosphere and great service. Cant wait to come back. Ask for Tony...great waiter. Shrimp and grits were fantastic. Red fish was excellent as well. Get the bread pudding for dessert.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“It will never make it!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Don't waste your money. Catfish pieces are pitifully small and thin and the breading taste like it was bought at the grocery store. Of course, breading was all I could taste. Hush puppies were like chewing on a piece of rubber. Cole slaw was good but they only give you about two tablespoons of it. All for $18.99. What a rip off! For $12.99, Jim-N-Nicks Karl's Catfish plate has two large fillets that are outstanding with better sides and all the bread muffins you can eat. Only positive was our server. He was very attentive and do a nice job.

Mason J, Owner at Dixie Fish Co., responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent dining experience at Dixie Fish. I am addressing the issues that you experienced with your seafood platter. Value should be present in every dish that you order and we are increasing our portion sizes to reflect this. If you will allow me, I would like a chance to earn your business back. I know we do a better job that what you experienced and I would like you to enjoy Dixie Fish the way it is supposed to be. Please email me at mjambon@fern-street.com.

Mason Jambon
Owner
Birmingham, Alabama
“Sad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I am sad because I want them to do well. However, the negative reviews here and other review sites have gone unaddressed by the restaurant. They should "fix" the things that are pointed out. If they do not they do not deserve to be open. I had a catfish plate today for lunch. The fish was presented beautifully! But it tasted awfully. The fish was super thin and they still managed to undercook it. It was still floppy! And for a13 dollar catfish plate, you should have a couple thick pieces of fish! Too expensive and captain d's has better fish. Please read this and improve, Dixie Fish!!!!!!!! I won't waste my money till you do.

Mason J, Owner at Dixie Fish Co., responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your recent feedback about your dining experience. I want to apologize for the quality of the food that you received. We have addressed these issues are are now putting more catfish on the lunch as well as the dinner plates. I would like an opportunity to earn your business back. If you will provide me with a mailing address, I would like to send you a gift card so you can give us another try. My email address is mjambon@fern-street.com.

Masjon Jambon
Owner
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Jimmy's Review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We met friends at the Dixie Fish for my friends birthday. The atmosphere is super. The rooms are divided but give a sense of togetherness big tho they are. I had the crab claws which were fairly small but good. My entree was the seafood platter consisting of shrimp ,fish and oysters. It was very tasteful. The service was very good.

• Visited February 2014