“Birthday Celebration”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 947 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Mall Transit stop
Description: Fleming's Birmingham, AL is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located at the Birmingham Summit near Vestavia, not far from Homewood, Downtown Birmingham, and Hoover.
Decatur, Alabama
“Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Our 15 yo son wanted a nice steak for his birthday so we headed to Fleming's in Birmingham. He said he would have been happy with any steak on the list. He finally settled on the medium Petite Filet after an appetizer of the Tenderloin Carpaccio. My 18 yo had a medium rare Main Filet while I had a medium well NY Strip. Each of these three steaks was cooked to perfection, exactly the way we ordered. We shared samples and each was excellent. My wife had the Barbecue Salmon and she said it was excellent as well. We shared sides of mashed potatoes and green beans. Each side probably divides b/n two people better than four, but we each had a salad so two was enough.
We would highly recommend the restaurant and will look forward to going again.

• Visited May 2014

Pelham, Alabama
“Delicious Steaks!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The bone-in ribeye is one of the best steaks I have ever eaten! Good service and a wonderful atmosphere.

Visited April 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
“Bad Bernaise”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Dined here recently on a Birthday ....Ordered the largest filet medium...Most restaurants cant do medium.neither can Flemmings..Ate around the outside....also had a gristle vein thru it..looking foreword to Brenaise sauce which I can eat with a spoon...tasteless...where was the tarragon,champaign vinegar? Tasteless ..BIG disappointment ....Waiter was great....will go to Ruth Chris next time for the same..

• Visited March 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great, consistent Food & Service”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We've never been disappointed with their steaks or sides. If we want to splurge and go someplace for a special occasion, Flemings is where we go for consistently great steaks done perfectly and wonderful sides and desserts.

• Visited May 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“Perfect steak, perfect evening!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My family and I had a big, long awaited, family gathering at Fleming's in Birmingham last night. The food, the service, the atmosphere, everything about this restaurant was just perfect. I wish I could remember our waitress's name, but she was fantastic, I like when a waitress helps you out, but doesn't hover all night and interrupt conversations over and over. She was just right! We had her taking pictures of us before the night was over! She was a very good sport. I had the Petit Filet Mignon. Hands down, one of the best steaks I have ever had. The first taste was a joyous occasion! The sides are a la carte, so we all ordered a different side and passed them around the table. The Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes were my favorite, Mac and Cheese a close second. They have a very nice wine selection, as well as cocktails and beer. The Wedge Salad is an awesome way to begin, by the way. It was delicious. Even after all of this culinary greatness, we felt like we just had to eat a terrific variety of desserts. Each one was better than the next. The Chocolate Lava Cake sort of speaks for itself. I wish I had some right now!

This restaurant is not a cheap dining affair, but it shouldn't be. It was worth every penny! I will be as soon as I possibly can!

• Visited March 2014