“Just like Ma-maw made”
Review of Eagles Restaurant

Eagles Restaurant
Ranked #178 of 964 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Happened on his little hole in the wall while passing thru Birmingham. We really lucked out! It's old and tiny. Has six booths, and 2 window AC units. Not much to look at, but the food was outstanding. The line to order moved quickly. Friendly staff...working hard and glad you're there. Our plates (FULL) were 7.50/plate, and were delicious. Like a real home cooked meal. Meatloaf, blackeyed peas, yams, beef tips, pintos, stewed tomatoes and okra (loved the tomatoes and okra). This was just what we needed on our road trip.

1  Thank Clige
There are newer reviews for Eagles Restaurant

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This place is a classic. Not many places are like this anymore. I stopped by here after seeing it on bizarre food from the travel channel. I was not disappointed. I was only bummed out they didn't have the pork neck and oxtail the day I stopped by. They have the best corn bread I've had in a very long time. Don't be discouraged about stopping in this place because of the neighborhood or the looks of the building. It's clean and simple on the inside. And the building may look rough compared to most new restaurants. But this is a restaurant that serves classic dishes that have been served for centuries. I think the building added to the experience. The owner is a cool man that will talk to you about his dishes all day if you wanted. This place gets two thumbs up!