“Delicious 'Q, good dishes all around”
Review of Saw's Juke Joint

Saw's Juke Joint
Ranked #12 of 985 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our family group of 10 out for Saturday lunch managed to fit around one long table arrangement in the side room. My wife and I arrived before everyone else, so we ordered fried pickle slices to get a head start on them (we don't get those in south Florida!) Service was friendly and timely. It's a lively atmosphere, menus in colored chalks all over the walls.

I prefer a selection of at least three or four sauces. As best I recall Saw's offers only the one house sauce, which is risky—either you like it or you don't. The good news is that theirs is a savory, slightly spicy mix, not too sweet. I'd gladly return.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was part of a group of 7, was seated at a table that held 10 think plenty of room which was nice. The apps was great. Each person ordered a diff plate, It was all good. The waiter was very nice and sat and talked with us a bit. As we was leaving he gave each of us a SAWS hat which was nice.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is the best BBQ I have ever eaten, and having lived in the south for 15+ years, that's amazing. It's busy, so service is a bit slow unless you go at off peak times but everyone is super nice. Get the pork special - grits with greens and pulled pork on top, topped with onion rings. It's fantastic!

1  Thank Shannon J
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Nice atmosphere, it was very crowded when we went but our waiter did his best. I got the fried green tomato BLT and my husband got the bbq pork sandwich. His was better than mine. Mine got very messy... the bread got soggy and I ended up trying to eat it with a knife and fork. That being said, his was great. We'll definitely be going back... we want to try the amazing looking hamburgers we saw other folks ordering, and the sweet tea chicken. And my husband wants another of those bbq pork sandwiches. Definitely worth the visit, and inexpensive for what you get.

1  Thank JJRJ
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Cannot say enough about this amazing place. The menu is on a giant chalkboard with all the daily specials. Don't come expecting a fancy meal, but do expect gourmet BBQ in a fun, eclectic atmosphere with great local beer and very fresh food. Try the collard greens, pulled pork sandwich (with white and red sauce), fried okra (best I've ever had), and banana pudding.

1  Thank Jamie M