“Best BBQ”

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Best BBQ”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is the best BBQ I have ever eaten, and having lived in the south for 15+ years, that's amazing. It's busy, so service is a bit slow unless you go at off peak times but everyone is super nice. Get the pork special - grits with greens and pulled pork on top, topped with onion rings. It's fantastic!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Shannon J

Birmingham, Alabama
“Very good bbq and sandwiches”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Nice atmosphere, it was very crowded when we went but our waiter did his best. I got the fried green tomato BLT and my husband got the bbq pork sandwich. His was better than mine. Mine got very messy... the bread got soggy and I ended up trying to eat it with a knife and fork. That being said, his was great. We'll definitely be going back... we want to try the amazing looking hamburgers we saw other folks ordering, and the sweet tea chicken. And my husband wants another of those bbq pork sandwiches. Definitely worth the visit, and inexpensive for what you get.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JJRJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing local BBQ”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Cannot say enough about this amazing place. The menu is on a giant chalkboard with all the daily specials. Don't come expecting a fancy meal, but do expect gourmet BBQ in a fun, eclectic atmosphere with great local beer and very fresh food. Try the collard greens, pulled pork sandwich (with white and red sauce), fried okra (best I've ever had), and banana pudding.

1 Thank Jamie M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“HORRIBLE SERVICE & ATTITUDES”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have been 3 times. The food was always good but the service was horrible. This last time the hostess was so rude and had the worst attitude. We didn't even stay and eat. I would not recommend eating here.

1 Thank Heidi R
Huntsville, Alabama
“A Southern-favorite with a little twist.”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had been intrigued by the reviews I read about Saw's BBQ and wanted to "give it a shot". Let me say, up front, that the BBQ was really good. There is such a thing as "just good" BBQ, and Saw's is definitely a notch above that. (The sauce was a bit of a cross between a "Memphis-style" (tomato) and some Carolina (vinegar-based) with a "kick") We visited the "Juke Joint" location because it was convenient to where we were visiting. It's in a little row of stores and restaurants in the vicinity of Mountain Brook and has a really nice vibe when you walk in. There is a large bar area and a smaller area adjacent for more traditional sit-down dining. Out waitress was above average. She greeted us with a smile, was prompt for taking our drink and food orders, and checked back in a timely fashion. One of their specialties is "BBQ and Greens". The food presentation was what I thought was neat. They started with cheese grits on the plate, topped that with an ample serving of greens, added to that a generous portion of BBQ, then capped that with string-type onion rings. If you can picture "fine dining" plating and "down home BBQ" together, then you have the gist of my review. You won't go wrong at Saw's Juke Joint if BBQ is your desire. I'll make it a point to come back at some future date. I consider myself an "experienced" BBQ guy, and this is an upper-echelon place in both product, and service.

1 Thank cmflydelta