“The oatmeal pancakes are outstanding”
Review of Over Easy

Over Easy
Ranked #68 of 947 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American
Birmingham, Alabama
“The oatmeal pancakes are outstanding”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I took my parents here when they came for a visit. We all felt it was one of the best breakfasts we've ever had. I had the trio, but I substituted the oatmeal pancake for the buttermilk pancake (so I got two oatmeal pancakes). Just delicious.

The decor is kind of retro, but very open. The only thing that keeps me from going back again and again is the wait time. It's a very popular and therefore busy restaurant. We went on a Friday around 10, so the wait was much less, but be prepared for an hour or so wait on the weekend.

• Visited October 2013

Deltona, FL
“WOW WOW WOW!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

On vacation in the area and found this place online. What a wonderful find. Breakfast was GREAT. My son had the Two Egg Breakfast and the grits were so good (strange to see blue grits but they were wonderful). My husband had the Oatmeal Pancakes and they were also really good. I had the Easy Does It Omelette and it was to die for! The combination of spinach, mushrooms, goat cheese and pesto was just right on! Would certainly return if we are back in this area again.

• Visited March 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very good breakfast”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

My family and I ate here and we loved this place. Very reasonably priced! Gluten free options, toast and French toast. Great omelets, great coffee, pretty contemporary setting. I especially loved their blue grits! Just amazing!

Visited March 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
“Best breakfast in Birmingham”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Tried and true best breakfast place in Birmingham- or at least on the Mountainbrook/downtown side of Birmingham. The Breakfast sandwich is my favorite and the grits are amazing. There is usually a wait and the service isn't the fastest but you can be in and out in a hour.

Visited March 2014
Blue Ridge, Georgia
“Unique breakfast”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had finished hiking 7 miles in Red Mountain Park and were looking for a great breakfast. We drove by Over Easy and decided to give it a try. The menu had interesting choices including lots of healthy items and oatmeal pancakes. I had a regular omelet with spinach, mushrooms and pesto with the blue corn grits. The meal was huge and very good. I loved the grits especially since they had a light blue color. But, for my husband, he was not so much into the purple grits which left more for me! :) He enjoyed his country ham, eggs and biscuit, though. The coffee was good. The server was wonderful. She had a great sense of humor and kept us laughing.

• Visited October 2013