“Fun! Fun! Fun!”
Review of World Of Beer - CLOSED

World Of Beer
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: At World of Beer, we've got 50 craft beers on tap, over 500 in the cooler and a menu of tasty tavern fare that's crafted to go perfectly with beer. And whether you're a beer master or just beer curious, our insanely knowledgeable staff is here to guide you through every last pint, pour, and pairing. So c'mon. Let's go. Because there's no better place to go around the world, one sip at a time.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fun! Fun! Fun!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was in walking distance from our hotel. My husband loves beer, especially imported beer. He had so much fun here. Our first trip was on Friday afternoon when we arrived in Birmingham. What a way to relax! They were not too busy, so the bartender spent a lot of time with us, helping us pick good beers to try. I'm not a big beer drinker, but I do like hard cider. I'd asked for an Angry Orchard but she had a draft that she recommended for me and it was great! My husband tried several light drafts and thoroughly enjoyed all of them. She kept bringing him tastes of different beers so he could pick his favorites. Then she brought me a taste of a raspberry lambic. Boy! I'm sold! It was wonderful. I ordered it again when we went back the next afternoon, after a long day of sightseeing. That second time, she brought a taste of some kind of banana beer - very unique and something I might enjoy on a hot summer day. She gave me an education in beer! One more trip back on Saturday evening so my husband could enjoy a dark, chocolate beer along with a cigar on our last evening in Birmingham. If you like beer, this is the place!

• Visited March 2014

Fairhope, Alabama
“A Global Experience”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This place offers every kind of beer imaginable and all sorts of drinks. The porch is heated for those cold months. I didn't try any beer, but did look at their beer menu and they feature beers from all over the world. Their drink menu is amazing--if they don't list it, then you don't really want it. A VERY fun place to spend an hour or an evening.

Visited March 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
“If you're a beer lover...”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a great place to grab a beer and have some fun unwinding after work. We came with friends and played a game of oversized beer pong and jenga while trying different brands of beer. A laidback atmosphere and all different types of people make this place an interesting spot.

• Visited January 2014
Colorado
“Poor service at this location”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

WOB is a nice concept for beer lovers. It is actually a sunny bar which is a great addition in Birmingham. The beer selection is great. The service is sub-par and surely, at least at the bar the two times we've been there.
We like other WOB so we'll probably give it one more chance before writing it off.

Note: They do validate parking at the garage around the corner.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jcktvls
Birmingham, Alabama
“This is NOT a restaurant”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

World of Beer does NOT have a kitchen. If you want food while you are there, you can order from a local restaurant, and it gets delivered. Why this is listed as a restaurant is beyond me.

• Visited November 2013