“Misleading Menu”
Review of Taco Casa

Taco Casa
Ranked #479 of 977 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Description: Quality, great-tasting fast food Mexican restaurant that has been a favorite of Tuscaloosa's since it opened in 1974. Voted "Best Sweet Tea" for 3 years in a row and voted "Best Tuscaloosa Restaurant" in a recent competition. Come find us at one of our 6 Tuscaloosa locations or in the Wildwood Shopping Center in Homewood, AL "Under the Biggest Cactus in Town"
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We walked to this restaurant for dinner from our hotel to try something new and the food was cheap enough for the most part but the menu is hard to read ( no item descriptions) and very misleading. My teenage son order the beefy queso nachos that are priced at around $4 (sounds good right?!) This dish consists of tortilla chips and a processed cheese dip with ground beef mixed in. We were not impressed. I and my husband got the Speedy Gonzalez. This is a taco, enchilada and rice and beans. This was good. The portions are a little small. My son had to get one after he ate his overpriced nachos and was still starving. I would say that the food is mediocre and the service is nothing to brag about. It was cheap though!

1  Thank Alesia L

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Tucked away under the biggest cactus in Birmingham you will find a mouthwatering array of Mexican fare. The menu even sports a dictionary to help explain the different items. This fast food establishment has an assortment of old standbys like tacos (of course) and nachos as well as new favorites like taco burgers and mexican pizza Taco Casa style If you have the time to sit and enjoy your meal consider a combination plate featuring enchiladas, tacos, or burritos complete with traditional sides like rice and beans.The best part is you decide how spicy you want your food prepared with your choice of sauces.The staff is AWESOME!!!! I have been dining here at least once a week for the last ten years and I hope to continue my pilgrimage for at least another ten years.