“Great food for great value”
Review of Urban Cookhouse

Urban Cookhouse
Ranked #53 of 942 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
“Great food for great value”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My first lunch was the berry with chicken and it was excellent. Dinner tonight was the down home and it was great. Counter service was friendly and meal came out fast. Will return and try other things for sure!

Visited April 2013

“Favorite meal in Birmingham”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

My family lives about 30 miles out of Birmigham and most every time we take a trip to the city we eat here. It is consistently great food. I haven't ordered anything that I don't like. My recommendations would be the macaroni and cheese, berry good salad, turkey crunch sandwich, and half baked cookie (served in an individual iron skillet-heavenly). If you are nearby this restaurant it definitely deserves a try!

Alabama
“Fresh, tasty food!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Have met people for business lunches here and have brought the family. My favorite is the Berry Good salad with the delicious chicken salad added. The food is fresh and tasty, and the service fast and friendly. They offer outdoor seating, which is very pleasant, weather permitting.

• Visited September 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
“FANTASTIC FOOD!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I ate here a couple of weeks ago with coworkers. I had the Chipotle Braised Pork Sandwich and Broccoli Salad, sweet tea for my beverage. It was the best "BBQ" pork I've ever had in Birmingham - melt in your mouth delicious. Nothing bad about the food or service. The restaurant was clean and inviting. The only recommendation I have is to improve the sweet tea. It was very bland and not all that sweet. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant.

“Casual sidwalk dining+great food+great service!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The weather was perfect and we were looking for a casual place that served wine and had outdoor seating...The Urban Cookhouse hit the spot. This is their 2nd store; a quiet location at The Summit, and it was my first time at the restaurant. The server working the order suggested some of his favorites, and I went with it...the food is fantastic! They use local produce and you can really taste the difference. Although the food was fast, there is nothing 'fast' about the taste. We each had a glass (real glasses) of Washington State Merlot that was great tasting and reasonably priced. My wife has already planned to meet friends there later this week...so, yes, it looks like we will be back!

• Visited September 2012