“Beer Beer Beer”

Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I love the J. Clyde. It is a craft beer bar. If you are looking for craft beer, you will not be disappointed. They have a vast selection of beers on tap, and page after page of beers in a bottle. If you need some help, ask the staff. All of them have pretty good knowledge of brew styles, breweries, and what each brewery's specialties are. They also have an excellent selection of seasonal beers on tap or in the bottle.
They continuously rotate their taps so that you will always find something new.
You come to this bar to drink. If you want to have something to eat, realize that this is a bar, not a gastropub.
Their hamburgers are the best things on the menu. You can't go wrong with those. Everything else is hit or miss. Again, you come to the Clyde for the beer.
Atmosphere is... well... Interesting. Their outdoor seating in the front is actually very nice. Sitting under the stars next to an old cobble stone street, across from an old livery is very old world. Inside there is a large bar, followed by another room with a medium sized bar. Seating outside is more like a beer garden, and is VERY pleasant in the spring and fall.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

First visit on a friends reccomendation. 8 pages of beer selections..Not to worry the staff will give you advice based on your tastes and samples from the taps for your approval. Tucked away a little, find Cobb Lane & your there. Try the sauerkraut balls. Didn't try one of the mega bugers but I saw one and I "drooled". Great staff, friendly environment, one of those places where everybody knows your name....

1  Thank Rodney D
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The J. Clyde is a DIRTY hole in the wall bar claiming to be a restaurant. After eating there (my party of 4) thought it was petty when the waiter Johnathin came out and took our drink order, just sodas and came back with all bottled sodas instead of the refillable sodas we thought we had ordered. Next, we just wanted a plain steak and a salad. He came out with the salad and steak together and the lettuce was actually not washed completely because it had a dirt residual underneath the dressing (which he did not ask our choice of dressing), but the cook included the part of the lettuce that is supposed to be chopped off in 2 out of our 4 salads the bottom steam part of the lettuce that would be connected to the roots of the plant.
IT GETS WORSE... The steaks were cold on arrival and very thin and fatty. We had asked the waiter for some steak sauce for our cold steaks....he says arrogantly "We never have steak sauce here" after 5 minutes the "chef comes out and says "We don't have steak sauce here because we have so much confidence in our steak flavor"....I have had way better steaks at Waffle House there smugness with their inferior food is pathetic and sad.
EVEN WORSE...The waiter Johnathin applied a 18% gratuity on my party of 4 people to my check, even though his service was slow and the bottled drink would be considered trickery by many people. Is it even legal to charge gratuity on the tax as well?
I will never, ever eat or recommend this restaurant to any poor sole looking to eat safely prepared food, get good service or leave not feeling totally ripped off. I wish there were a 0 star rating for the J. Clyde

5  Thank Leroy J
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Only recently discovered J. Clyde. Love this place. Great outdoor patio. Excellent food and drink selection. This is our go to place for a weekend night.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We heard this was a good place and it was well advertised so we went to Five Points and found it. The waiter forgot to put in my entré order and so I was only served soup - at the same time my husband was served his dinner. This was after a looong wait, so at first we were just happy to get some food. When we asked about my dinner, the waiter came back to say that he messed up and "what did I order again"? Then another 40 minutes later, I finally got my dinner. Of course my husband had completely finished his dinner by then and dishes had been cleared. The waiter tried to make it better by bringing me another beer on the house, but I really just wanted some food and can't believe their kitchen doesn't do something to rush orders when a mistake like this happens. We were there for 2+ hours, with most of the time spent waiting for food. The food, when served, was just so-so. We ate outdoors and they kept opening the outdoor beer cooler which created quite a chilly draft each time, which was unpleasant since the weather was already a bit cool and they did not have the outdoor heaters functioning yet.

1  Thank lovestotravel2z