“BEST CAKES IN BIRMINGHAM”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Edgar's Bakery

Edgar's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 16 Bakeries in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“BEST CAKES IN BIRMINGHAM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

The "Strawberry Cake" is phenomenal. Everyone talks about it. The staff here is extremely friendly and will accomodate all your needs. Great atmosphere and cool merchandise.

• Visited April 2013

haleyville
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

They have the best cakes ever!!! I love everything from there. We have never gotten anything bad! The cakes are decorated so good!

Visited March 2013
Gulf Shores, Alabama
“FABULOUS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

This bakery is a beautiful site as soon as you walk in. Reminds me of an old fashioned bakery, where you can actually see them decorating cakes, making cookies, baking breads, etc. We stopped in for a quick breakfast. Just wanted to try it out. Wasn't sure if the baked goods would taste as good as they looked. I'm telling you they taste even better than they look. Really enjoyed everything we tried and will be back next time we are in the area. They also have a lunch menu, but we didn't try anything off that. Don't pass this up if you are in the area.

• Visited March 2013
“Great lunch,good coffee, the best pound cakes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I'm often in the area and stop for lunch, consistently good choice of sandwiches and deserts.
I stock up on their pound cakes which are absolutely super! They bake them in about a dozen different flavors,all are good. My favorite which is not always available unless you order ahead is the orange cheese cake. The very best!
I usually buy 6-10 in various flavors and round out a dozen with the orange. They make great gifts and you can have them gift wrapped in the store. Most of my orange ones get to the freezer for special occasions. They keep well and can be available whenever friends drop by.

• Visited March 2013
georgia
“Ok lunch! Bakery items A+++”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had lunch here on our way to Jackson,MS mainly for it's location and because I love their baked goods. Lunch was good but nothing to write home about or worth repeating. We had quiche of the day, Reuben and some other sandwich. Dessert is always worth repeating and worth writing home about. Cake yummy. Thumb runt cookies some f the best I have ever had and I love thumbprint cookies.

Visited February 2013