“Good variety....nice portions....fair prices!”
Review of Silvertron Cafe

Silvertron Cafe
Ranked #65 of 996 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For comforting food, a warm, relaxed atmosphere, an affordable outing for the whole family and camaraderie at the bar, The Silvertron Cafe has been a one-stop shop for residents of Birmingham for over 20 years. The Forest Park neighborhood has eagerly embraced the reopening of their old hangout which is now polished up and back in action. The new owner of The Silvertron Cafe, Marco Morosini, wants to welcome all of his dedicated patrons back to the restaurant that all of Birmingham can call their own. Like the start of any good restaurant marriage, Morosini and Silvertron Cafe have come together with some dishes old, some dishes new, some dishes borrowed and customers true blue. They have long been known for their generous portions and variety of menu items. Silvertron continues to add to that tradition to introducing new dishes (many healthier options), new cocktails and new wines. Feeling a little pinch in your wallet this year? Silvertron is still one of Birmingham's best deals in dining out. And to sweeten that deal, every Monday at Silvertron Cafe is Monday Night Pasta with every pasta on the menu only $7.95, and $1 off glasses of wine or $4 off bottles of wine. Tex-Mex Tuesdays offers a fun sampling of dishes and $3 margaritas, sure to please. Every Wednesday evening, martinis are only $4; making Silvertron an ideal place to gather with friends and celebrate the survival of the first half of the work week. It is the perfect place for a workday lunch, dinner with the kids, an evening cocktail with friends, an award-winning Saturday morning breakfast or for Sunday brunch. And if you cannot sit and relax, let Silverton prepare something for you to take home - or perhaps cater your next meeting or party
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was our first time to dine at The Silvertron. Upon entering we noticed and liked right off the funky vibe it exudes. I ordered one of the nightly specials.........the Chicken n Spinach Lasagna. I also opted to add on a side salad for $2.00. No complaints on either....nice size serving of lasagna and the homemade ranch dressing was refreshing! C chose the pecan crusted tilapia tacos with a side of pasta salad. He ate every morsel......and then....ordered the caramel fudge brownie......!! He also had no complaints!! We went with two teas but noticed a well stocked bar with several specials. Overall, we enjoyed our meals,,,,,service was good,,,,,,waiter was good to keep our teas refilled w/o us having to ask. We do not live in the neighborhood but have every intention of returning soon!

1  Thank C B

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The atmosphere is bland. It has a nice nostalgic feel, but it's pretty simple. I went with a group of co-workers for lunch. It was Birmingham Restaurant Week, but all the food is served on their regular menu as well. I think the value of my meal was great. I had the steak and cheese sandwich, a side of mac and cheese and bread pudding for $10 (again, this was the BRW special). Unfortunately, some of my friends got the grilled cheese with fries. If you order this, do not expect some eclectic or unique grilled cheese. It is your basic, beyond basic, grilled cheese. Buttered bread and cheese. Now, I loved a good grilled cheese, but I much rather make the exact same thing at home for less than $1. The desserts were excellent. My white-chocolate bread pudding was worth the $10 alone!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were on a road-trip style vacation, and only in Birmingham for one night. I researched a good place to et on Trip Advisor, and we decided to go here. A small little place with character. It had a 50-60's era, punk, pin-up girl, gothic decor... Sounds strange, but none of it was over the top. I have a 7 year old, and the restaurant was still family friendly. The portions were great, and the recipes were very original. The food had a ton of flavor! Our server was quiet, but polite and efficient. Wait time for food was not long during our visit. I highly recommend the Nachos Supreme, steak sandwich and the crab cakes sandwich. Prices were very reasonable.

1  Thank jasulli113
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Expensive for what you get and service has always been so slow that I don't even go here anymore. For a workday hour lunch, it's just not doable.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

It has been years since going to Silvertron as I live out of town, but the quality of food is still great. My family wanted good, but easy food and the cafe fit the bill. Love the decor and the staff. Can't wait to go back on my next visit. They also accommodated gluten free diet requests with grace.